Alesia Versus the Law
- Seven Bisharp voting on whether or not Alesia is guilty is taken from Chrono Trigger.
- Popplio yelling "OBJECTION!" in the above scene should be fairly obvious.
- Popplio asks Alesia, "Does your mother hang out at rockslide bars?" in reference to her being trapped behind fallen rocks in Ambient Cave. "Rockslide" rhymes with another word from a nearly-identical sentence.
A Mutual Cause
- Popplio's Badass Boast to Melmetal:
- The exchange when Team Everlasting and Gallade save Purple Kecleon from Rusted Complex and bring him back to Izolo Village. The only issue is that there was no doggie for anyone to say "hi" to.Green Kecleon: You're all our favorite customers!Popplio: That's us!Riolu: Thanks a lot. Bye!
- Popplio mispronouncing "score" as "scoe" and Riolu subsequently correcting him brings to mind an conversation in Toy Story 2.
- Before learning the name of Team Everlasting, Phantump guesses it's "Pokéninjas". Alesia thinks that having the word "ninja" in a team name is too violent, and that "Pokéheroes" would be fine. This is a reference to how Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was called "Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles" in some European countries for the same reason.
- The yellow Kecleon's angry shout of "NOW YOU'LL PAY THE ULTIMATE PRICE!" is from Link's Awakening when you re-enter a shop after stealing from there. Fittingly enough, this Kecleon is accusing Team Everlasting of stealing from him and chases after them for revenge (as in the games).
- Riolu knocks the yellow Kecleon off the ladder leading out of Sunlight Chasm, sending him tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling down...
Climbing the Ranks
- Popplio telling a Magikarp to "just keep swimming".
- "Keep going! You're good! You're good! You're good! Aaaaand fire!" The thing Popplio is referring to goes much better, however.
Flygon with the Wind
- The chapter title itself.
- While Riolu is away, Alesia and Popplio decide to rescue a Bagon at the request of his Raichu partner. The species of the duo happen to coincide with the duo from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Pathways of Aspiration, a fanfiction by Pbugle.
A Chapter that is Very Legitimate
Riolu in the Tyrunt's Den
- The chapter title is derived from chapter six of the Book of Daniel.
- Judging from the description of Popplio's dream land (in addition to the fact that it is literally referred to as "Popplio's dream land"), with the golden star Popplio flies on and the tree with a face with a long nose, it's clearly supposed to be the world of Kirby.
In a Rich 'Mon's World
- The chapter title is derived from a line in the song Money, Money, Money by ABBA.
- Popplio briefly sings a song called Karma Charmeleon.
- Alesia mispronouncing "dead end" as "end dead" and "ed dend" until she finally decides to settle for "we're trapped" is taken from the The Super Mario Bros Super Show! episode Butch Mario and the Luigi Kid.
- When the team sees a hole that looks too small to get through, Popplio speculates that it's actually a musical door that will open if they play the viola or the bass, or beatbox.
So Proud and So Brave
- Team Everlasting help a directionally-challenged Chikorita in rescuing her Axew partner, two Pokémon that match the main duo of characters in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Chasing Shadows by Magykool.
- Team Everlasting must save a Pikachu and a Fennekin from Fiery Light Tomb. Three stories by Soniclink137 star a Pikachu and a Fennekin named Light and Fennix respectively, and one of the stories is titled The Tomb of Light.