- Phoenix gets very emotional while watching final scenes of Return of the Jedi.
- Presenting a wrong piece of evidence during cross-examination in most cases will result in the following gem:Wright: I object to this testimony!Judge: You do? Why?Judge: Overruled!Wright: Good call!
- Sir Gallante appears to share some traits with known superheroes like for example Batman (he performs buliding swings and is a dark knight after all) and The Punisher (he actually kills the criminals that he fights and his iconic symbol is a skull.)
- Morton Dreisan, the police coroner makes a cheesy joke about the deceased in the CSI: Miami style:Morton: It was a single bullet, straight to the cerebral cortex!...I suppose you might say... that he "lost his mind"...!
- The sender of the email on the woman's computer is email@example.com
- Conversations with Gladys Porter are usually full of various references:Gladys: Well, OBVIOUSLY it's because I'm the very best reporter ever.Phoenix: The very best...Gladys: Yeah! ... Like no reporter ever was!Phoenix: My quest... my goal is to find the truth, no matter what it may be.Phoenix: No snarky comebacks?Gladys: The truth IS out there. You're not the only one who wants to find it.Phoenix: Yeah, well my truth doesn't involve whatever they're holding at Area 51.
- In Turnabout Consequences, when Phoenix asks about Bikini's relationship with the Fey Family:Phoenix: So, how exactly is Bikini related to you?Phoenix: She's part of the Fey clan, so there must be some relation, right?Pearl: Oh...? I don't know.Phoenix (thinking): Father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate, perhaps? Would somebody else know the answer to this?
- One dialogue with Raphael Donatello has him state that he was "raised in the sewers and taught the art of ninjitsu."
- In Finnegan Hoods house theres an advertisement on TV that goes Everyday's great at your Junes!
- In one optional dialogue with Dreisan, Phoenix mentions Marvin Grossberg being murdered at Verglas Bridge, which suggests that this game may take place in a Shared Universe with The Contempt of Court.
- Dreisan also once mistook Phoenix's name as Cicatrice, a lawyer there.
- Another one involving Dreisan: During the part where you investigate as Trucy, she and Dreisan have this exchange:Dreisan: Say, aren't you a bit young to be investigating murders?Trucy: Yes. Yes, I am.
- Towards the end of the final case, Watters attempts to stop Luciano from escaping and ends up getting stabbed in the knee for his troubles. After the trial, he meets up with the gang, causing Trucy to ask about his stabbing to which Watters replies that it's "only a flesh wound," before collapsing from it.
- Later, in the credits, Watters tells the player that he plans to tell new recruits about his scarring while he's on desk duty recovering: "I used to be a hotshot detective like you, but then I took a knife to the-" Unfortunately, the Chief yells at him to get back to work on his physical therapy before Watters can complete the meme.
- In a previous version of the game, two of the known victims listed in the Sir Gallante case files were James Rocket and Jessica Rocket.
- In Turnabout Consequences, Pearl's attempted suicide report mentions that she was admitted to Resurgam First Care.
- When you present Maya's profile to Cody in case 3, she will mention substituting Phoenix in court once, referencing fellow fangame Trials after Justice.
Shout Out / Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Conflict of Interest