- Numerous ones to Doctor Who (old and new), Silent Hill, Resident Evil, and Mortal Kombat. He often even gets into the stuff only intense fans would recognize.
- One of his videos ends with him dying (at the end of Stay Alive), with the Fifth Doctor's Famous Last Words, "I might regenerate... I don't know... it feels... different this time."
- And in his follow-up to that, House of the Dead, he manages to combine one of the endings of Silent Hill: Shattered Memories with the Fourth Doctor's regeneration.
- The end of his review of Nightmare City features a parody/reenactment of the ending to Super Mario Bros. 2, complete with the soundtrack.
- He did this earlier at the end of his review of Day of the Dead 2.
- Sometimes he likes to subvert the expectations his fans have about his shout-outs. One time, he said that the viewer was probably expecting a clip of The Doctor saying "I don't want to go!" (the Tenth Doctor's last words). He instead shows a clip of the Third Doctor saying "I don't want to go."
- The entire sketch on the end of his second Funny Games review is a tribute to the Tenth Doctor's departure.
- "Boogeyman 2 in Danube Seconds" is a retelling of the movie in the style of Hans Von Hozel.
- A park ranger boots a guy in the head in Swamp Zombies.
- He drops quite a few references to The Simpsons, such as when he played some of "Crazy Homer's" dialogue in his review of The Amityville Horror (2005).
- To celebrate Laurie's death in Halloween II (2009), he briefly plays "Ding-Dong! The Witch Is Dead" before revealing the film's actual music for that part: "Love Hurts".
- In his review of Sleeping Beauty (Golden Films), he uses the phrase "no-spin zone" when discussing the kingdom's spinning wheel ban. For bonus points, he gives the king a speech bubble saying "We'll do it live!"
Shout Out / Phelous