- Arena's tournament, the P-1 Grand Prix, is a play on the name of the discontinued Japanese kickboxing championship tournament, the K-1 Grand Prix. Given the nods to Professional Wrestling through the games, it could also be a likely nod to the G1 Climax, the round robin tournament held by New Japan Pro-Wrestling.
- General Teddie's Whole Costume Reference to Fighting Opera HUSTLE's Generalissimo Takada.
- Chie has a poster of Bruce Lee in her room, though Lee's eyes are blurred out and the picture says "Blue Three"note on it.
- One of the posters in Yosuke's room is a shout out to AKB48.
- The Arena announcer calls Naoto "Body of a child, the brain of a genius!" a play on the "Body of a child, the brain of a detective!" Tag Line for Detective Conan.
- In the intro to Akihiko's story mode he's accosted by a pair of thugs, one of whom pulls a gun on him. In Akihiko's words, "The problem is that he has to point the gun where he wants to send the bullets, and I can see him doing that."
- Aigis' supers heavily resemble Captain America's Hyper Charging Star and Doctor Doom's Sphere Flame in the Marvel vs. Capcom series.
- When asked about her accent in the English version's Story Mode, Labrys responds with "do you understand the words comin' outta' my mouth?!"
- Kanji's Awakening Super is the Persona version of the Shining Finger. A blatant nod to his Japanese VA's previous and well-known role.
- The Shadow Operatives were first addressed (at least before revealing the group's name) as the Men in Black.
- Players with watchful eyes can spot Linkin Park, Nickelback, and Dragonforce albums in Yosuke's bedroom.
- During arcade and story mode, Teddie uses the phrases "cutting a promo" and "no-sell," both which are "insider slang" in Professional Wrestling.
- Shabrys wants you to bite her skinny, metal ass.
Shout Out / Persona 4: Arena