- At least two stories use this quote:
- Also the "good" and "evil" gods of the Lightbringer faith are called the Aedra and Daedra, respectively. Though the individual gods are quite different from The Elder Scrolls, and seem to be more black and white (save for Nocturna).
- There are also shout-outs to classical mythology too. Such as the spider trickster called Anansi.
- A shoutout to a different Shared Universe Setting that some of the early MK Writers had also worked on called "Tales Of The Blind Pig" is a recurring bit of scenery known to the keeps as a tavern called "The Deaf Mule"
- There is a Knight Ram who is named Dupre Ultima
- One of the earlier stories by Phil Geusz of Freedom City and David Birkenhead fame has three background characters who are clearly the Three Stooges
- Another Tavern, the "Mugal Tavern" is a shoutout to a Sonic Fan-forum that Seranima/Hawl (Author goes by both) used to post in called "The Moogle Cavern"
- And some stories by Matthias have been known to lift lines from Star Wars.
- In an early story Charles states with heightened abilities comes heightened responsibilities
- The name of an evil cult leader in Seranima's stories is Zalgo rithim
- The story "Where Life Begins Anew" has a scene with a shapeshifter pretending to be the Paradise character Gabriel Locke from the Perspectives Mini-Series.
- There is a village named Cornflower, named for the wife of the warrior mouse in a different setting that also features a rodent warrior named Matthias
- There is a scene in the same story with Duke Thomas and Princess Malisa have an exchange that is identical to one had between Link and King Harkinan in the Zelda CD-i games. Complete with Duke Thomas calling his daughter "Mah Boi"
- In En Lieu, an easily-missed reference to the The Court Jester actually ties into the ongoing plot.
- Hedgehog bowling with someone named Spiny Norman.
- Madog is a rich source of shout outs - he could probably get a page of his own.
- In just one story, Madog says:
- One author, Digitalpotato, decided to write a story wherein some characters hoping to escape the bubonic plague pass the time by telling random snippets of Metamor society.
- One character is a Philippine Eagle named Sedgar... who loves to give these in his tales.
- Sedgar is interrupted from telling a story where someone weeps into a pot with a herb growing inside, that was cultivated by the head of her lover. Then later mentions an anecdote about an Abbess and a nun.
- Sedgar's first tale is about an apparent Nun who held a mace for... and sees her using an axe to chop wood. . After the story finishes, Sedgar describes nuns with axes.
- Sedgar tells another story where a man-turned woman bakes cupcakes inside drinking cups.
Shout Out / Metamor Keep