- Hapshiel seems like a Shout-Out to Queen.
- Some hilarious ones to Neon Genesis Evangelion in episode 5, and the ending sequence to that same episode was a shout out to the opening theme of The Rose of Versailles. This is truly serious.
- The opening of episode 4 has a familar leitmotif and more realistic Art Shift.
- Balthia is smuggling capsule toys that aquire familiar colors whenever one is being held.
- The animation of the transit between worlds pays homage to Stargate.
- Tanarotte's first appearance is accompanied, for reasons unknown, by Nausicaa's song (complete with golden 'corn').
- The first appearance of the Plasma Mode is basically a big shout out to the final attack in Tales of Vesperia.
- In episode 4 Sakuma starts striking some very familiar poses.
- In Episode 6 during the escape sequence we hear a theme that is just one note different from the theme of the Indiana Jones series.
- Then there is the Final Transformer Galactical Elephangar whose Transformation Sequence that is just one big reference to GaoGaiGar.
Shout Out / Magician's Academy