Kaeloo is well-known for making references to other TV shows, movies and comic books.
Let's Play Prison-Ball
Let's Play at Reading Books
- Mr. Cat's reaction to Quack Quack taking his book:Mr. Cat: Okay, duck, it's war... (loads a copy of War and Peace in his bazooka) and peace.
- Happy Rotter is a parody of Harry Potter. He's a wizard whose parents were killed when he was a baby and wears large round glasses.
Let's Play Danger Island Survivor
- "Danger Island Survivor" is based on the French reality show Koh-Lanta.
Let's Play Peace Man
- Mr. Cat quotes Julius Caesar when trying to convince Kaeloo that they should play "war" instead of "peace".
Let's Play House
- When Mr. Cat turns the TV on, there's a show called "Desperate Housecats" which is probably a parody of Desperate Housewives.
- After Mr. Cat turns out the lights in order to "exercise his marital rights", he makes a grin that's very similar to Cheshire Cat
Lets Play Scaredy Cat
- The thing Quack Quack does with his face is a reference to Beetlejuice.
- The scene where Mr. Cat jumos in the air and shoots a bunch of zombies with the moon in the background is a reference to Bayonetta.
- Stumpy teaches the zombies to dance like in Thriller. The look he gave to the audience at the end of the episode is one as well.
Lets Play the Quest for the Wholly Gruel
- The entire episode is a reference to Indiana Jones: Quack Quack dresses as Indiana Jones, Mr. Cat dresses as Arnold Ernst Toht, and they go on a quest to find the Wholly Gruel, a parody of the Holy Grail.
Let's Play Cowboys and Indians
- Stumpy imitates Britney Spears and singing "Hit Me Baby One More Time".
- Kaeloo makes a speech parodying Martin Luther King Jr's "I Had A Dream".Kaeloo: I had a dream last night. And I dreamt that... that... that's funny, I can't remember my dream.
Let's Play Me-Me-Nopoly
- Me-Me-Nopoly is Smileyland's version of Monopoly.
Let's Play Paranormal Stuff
- Mr. Cat and Stumpy fight the ghosts a la Ghostbusters.
Lets Play Super Powers
- There are references to Yu-Gi-Oh! (magic cards), Naruto (Stumpy's waving invocation) and Dragon Ball (Stumpy's final attack).
Let's Play Astronauts
- Stumpy imitates an alien from the movie The Cabbage Soup while trying to speak "alien".
- Stumpy also mentions an alien like the ones in Alien.
Lets Play Justice Masters
Lets Play Once Upon a Time
- The gang reference various fairy tales: "Cinderella, "Snow White", "Rapunzel", and "Little Red Riding Hood".
Let's Play Gangster Poker
- Mr. Cat and Stumpy dress as Vincent Vega and Jules Winnfield.
- When Stumpy annoys Mr. Cat, the latter threatens to cut Quack Quack's head off and put it in his bed.
- And this reference to The Good, the Bad and the Ugly:Stumpy: In this world, there's two kinds of people. Those who have a banana, and those who dig. You dig.
Let's Play Guess Who
- Drunk Mr. Cat sings the YMCA song while standing on top of a car.
- Mr. Cat gets left on the island with Pretty, who has undergone Sanity Slippage and thinks that they are Tarzan and Jane.
- The episode parodies Dora the Explorer by using Fake Interactivity and talking in different languages.
- Stumpy, while falling, sings " ça plane pour moi "
- The game the characters play is clearly a reference to Cluedo.
- Stumpy, and later Olaf, try to imitate Jimi Hendrix.
- Mr. Cat and Stumpy act like the characters from Inazuma Eleven.
Episodes 75 and 76
- The entire episode is a reference to Back to the Future.
Episodes 78 and 79
- Mr. Cat calls himself "Rackham the Cat", a name referencing Red Rackham from Tintin.
- Mr. Cat sings "Hoist the Colors" from Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End.
- Music from the movie Pretty Woman can be heard.
- Mr. Cat dresses up as "Mr. Chagerfeld", a parody of fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld.
- Kaeloo floats down from the sky with an umbrella like Mary Poppins.
- Kaeloo asks Olaf since when emperor penguins are waiters, and he responds with "since Mary Poppins".
- The name "Fatal Destination" references Final Destination.
- In the French dub, Stumpy yells "Hasta la vista, brebis!" (Hasta la vista, sheep!)
Episodes 99 and 100
- Kaeloo's explanation of how the magic switch works is a reference to Shaun of the Dead.
- Stumpy refers to his comic book collection as "the precious" while talking like Gollum.
- Kaeloo sings "Let It Go" while starring in a laxative commercial.
- One of Mr. Cat's attempts at being funny involves imitating Nyan Cat.
- The whole episode is a reference to Game of Thrones.
- One scene shows the main four playing a game where they role play as the characters of Les Misérables.
- "Voice Academy" is clearly a parody of The Voice. Even the logo is nearly identical.
- The entire episode is a one big reference to Mad Max.