- The first screen that you see after you start the game is an Expy of a Capcom CPS arcade board.
- It's not the first time that the animals had returned to reclaim the Earth following an Apocalypse How...
- And you have the opportunity to ram through enemies and drums on a bike in an early level, just like in the Capcom game, but without a boss.
- Gal's design isn't really based on the usual suspects like Mai Shiranui or Chun-Li. Instead, Word of God confirmed in a stream gameplay that her design was inspired instead by Mina Majikina. Gal's name is also a Distaff Counterpart version of Guy.
- Ricardo is a Haggar expy; also, having a playable minotaur character in a brawler reminds of Ban from Metamorphic Force.
- Tracy and her palette swaps are expies of either Linda Lash or Poison (and if you're wondering, yes, they are female in this game).
- The cat boss and two wolf enemies are named O'Hara, Bolo, and Williams, respectively. Just like one of the first Beat'em ups that did this shout-out before.
- The wrestler enemy on the Night Club stage is called Attary, and is a big but not smart jaguar.
- The group of turtle bosses of the Beach stage (appropiately named Mutant Ninja Sands) are called Bash, Blitz, and Granuja.
- The boss of the raft stage is called Raven, a bat just like Viewtiful Joe's Charles III.
- The Kickboxer birds on the second-to-last stage are named from the characters of the eponymous movie.
- Continuing with the action movie references, the two cat subbosses on the second-to-last stage are called Stegal and Seaven.
- The Boss has the same good taste for guns as Mr.X. Alternatively, you can see him as a fully mutant, ruthless version of Gado.
- The Electricat enemies can perform some of Blanka's signature moves.
- F.Norris is basically a Chuck Norris ninja.
- General Tigar, the boss of the first stage (if you go on the straightforward path), dresses like M. Bison, and even uses his sliding kick attack.
- The bird ninjas are named Ryu and Kenden, after Ninja Ryukenden (the Japanese title of the Ninja Gaiden arcade game).
Shout Out / Fight'N Rage