- The Maus commander Mauko and her team recall the amount of PTSD facing Oorai's Hetzer. One of them goes into a Madness Mantra of "Hetzers gonna Hetz..." in reference to a World of Tanks meme.
- Erika freaks out when she notes Shiho Nishizumi doing the Gendou pose.
- Karen references Monty Python and the Holy Grail when talking about Team Rabbit from Oorai. Erika doesn't get it."Look at the BONES!"
- When the third-year sempais invite Erika to their dorms, some of them are watching Inglourious Basterds, specifically the part where Lt. Aldo Raine finishes his "killin' Nazis" speech, and the girls pausing it when it transits to the infamous scene of Hitler screaming "NEIN! NEIN! NEIN!" repeatedly.
- Lotte scares the living hell out of a media club member when she breaches the media room with a smoke grenade while wearing a WWII German gas mask.
- Cadenza brings up a certain Youtube video that talks about how bad of a tank destroyer the Elefant is, with Ritaiko defending that it was actually talking about the earlier Ferdinand. Given the author's affinity for memes, the video in question is most likely this one made by the channel, Potential History.
- Kai quotes Deadpool after making a very good shot."I am touching myself tonight! WOO!"
- Lotte trolls Karen over the phone when she refuses to play the rest of the video with a prequel meme, first of many."... nope! This is where the fun begins!"
- When Leila expresses her desire to kiss Erika too after witnessing Karen doing it first, Yumiko quotes Nute Gunray."This is getting out of hand. Now there're two of them!"
Season 2 - Overdrive Phase
- Shiho's reaction to the... exciting event going on in Erika's room is a reference to this memetic reaction image◊ from Warhammer 40,000 forums."Good evening Erika. What is going on in this room.... BY THE EMPEROR!
- When the students question the amazing technology behind the mechanics of Round Table, Shiho simply replies, "Nanomachines, child".
- "The Round Table... dead man's words hold no meaning."
- Karen mentions the film, Battle of the Bulge and the possibility of fielding M47 Patton tanks that were standing in for 'German tanks' and then just slapping the Kuromorimine paint job on them to pass them off as such. Erika and Shiho are not amused in the slightest.
- This conversation adapted from Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl:
- Later when Erika questions Karen on why she would specifically request Soviet tanks as possible additions to their tank inventory, Karen tries to tell her in two words, "Russian bias".
- This exchange, in which Junko understood the reference.Someone: So, Cadenza, Cadenza!
Cadenza: Yes, I'm Cadenza.
- Cadenza threatens to hookblade someone and hang them off some balcony when they tease her.
- Anchovy's Identity Amnesia is cured by the sight of sheer heresy committed on Italian cuisine to which she exclaims "...only villains do that!", referencing this meme.
- Kai exclaims, "No capes!" after hearing how Anchovy's got hers hooked on a lifeboat.
- Cadenza claims that she once turned into an Italian version of Gordon Ramsay by going all Hell's Kitchen on a group of trainee student chefs.
- Kai and the Six-Finger Gang discuss the Bowsette trend near the end of the chapter.
- At the end of the chapter, Erika bumps into a janitor who tells her, "You know, I guess one person can make a difference. Nuff said.". In a small heartfelt tribute, Erika thanks him for all that he has done.
- The description of the artillery sequence of Maginot's Saint-Chamond tanks plays out exactly like Battlefield 1's artillery cutscene from Though Mud and Blood level of the single-player campaign.
- The backlash of Battlefield V is referenced when Marie calls Karen "uneducated" Explanation for her remark on being historically accurate.
- The iconic Pirates of the Caribbean parodies relentlessly appear once the sailor girls of Kuromorimine start hijacking BC Freedom's artillery units.BC Freedom Girl: Bloody pirates!
- Shizuka quotes Tai Lung's memetic phrase from Kung Fu Panda after Yumiko challenges her.Shizuka: Finally, a Worthy Opponent! Our battle will be legendary!
- Obama channels King Leonidas after a treacherous BC Freedom girl tried to pull a fast one on her.
- Jack the monkey brandishes a saber when several Maginot girls board one of the hijacked Saint-Chamond tanks, and reenacts the Abu scene from Aladdin word-for-word.BC Freedom Girl (frightened): He's got a sword!
BC Freedom Leader: You idiots! We've all got swords!
- Karen channels Will Smith when she sees Komue kissing Erika, referencing the memetically famous segment from the universally-panned Youtube Rewind 2018.Karen: "Aww yeah, that's hot. That's hot!
- The video challenge from the joint Saunders-St. Gloriana's team starts with the "AMERICA, FUCK YEAH!" theme song from Team America: World Police.Erika: Mein Gott, why?
Lets just begin with the statement that Saunders is portrayed as an overflowing Fountain of Expies.
- In the mess hall, an female Expy of Lt. Col. Kilgore complete with the calvary stetson hat exclaims how she loves the smell of fries and bacon in the morning. Another girl with similar physique to Big Smoke quotes his memetic Cluckin' Bell order from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
- Kay mentions her new recruitment program titled: "the Glorious Bastards re-initiative".
- Megan the baseball-toting Mexican is a combination of Harley Quinn and Negan.
- When told that they were going up against Kuromorimine, Megan repiles "Shit amigo, that's all you had to say!", referencing the reaction meme that spawned from it.
- Megan refers to the Kappa Hive club as a place where "you will never find a more Wretched Hive of scum and villainy".
- Huguette Steiglitz is a blatant Distaff Counterpart to Hugo Stiglitz, only with a PG-13, context-friendly version of why she defected to Saunders
- While talking about the Agriculture Club's new gardening trail, White Boar says, "Welcome to the rice fields".
- This conversation:
- Megan does a Take That! when she prefers to call slavery "surprise employment", in reference to a recent UK court hearing about Electronic Arts recent lootbox practices.
- Helmet-chan's backstory is exactly the same as Habara's, with the addition of her helmet being some kind of personality limiter.
- One of White Boar's crew mates, 'Annoying Invading Owl' is clearly an Anthropomorphic Personification of the Duolingo owl mascot.
- Kay's inspirational speech to the new Glorious Bastards is a long, plagiarized mix of excerpts from Real Life famous speeches, Independence Day, Pacific Rim and ending with her channeling Keanu Reeves' "You're breathtaking!" mematic quote from E3 2019.
- This videonote is referenced wholesale when the Kuromorimine sailors introduce their newest scout car by its full German designation, the SCHWERER PANZERSPÄHWAGEN SIEBEN KOMMA FÜNF ZENTIMETER SONDERKRAFTFAHRZEUG ZWEIHUNDERTVIERUNDDREISSIG / VIER PANZERABWEHRKANONENWAGEN! Even Karen's reaction is based on one of the top comments on the video.Karen: And my German vocabulary has just increased by one."
- Hiimdaisy's Let's Destroy the Shagohod is referenced when a St. Gloriana guard spots Erika disguised as an alligator in a swamp, with the former's superior being extremely indifferent about it. Erika is also referred to as ' Big Boss' throughout their infiltration.
- Opening dialogue from Shaun of the Dead can be heard from he St. Gloriana schoolship cargo crew.
- Before commencing their infiltration, Erika reminds her team ,"Remember, no German'' right as their cargo elevator reaches their floor.
- The gang bump into the internet's mematic interpretation of Trainer Gloria while referencing this popular fancomic◊ that spawned from the meme.Everyone: Oh no, she's Scottish.
- Hawisa mentions watching Boku no Hero Academia while Lotte thought she was gonna mention Boku no Pico instead.
- Erika and Hawisa bump into a maid/assistant teacher Emma before getting roped into a tea-brewing class taught by a certain Sebastian. Hawisa almost could not resist responding to Emma's "Hello there," with a "General Kenobi!"
- Taiga and Karen quote Red vs. Blue's legendary, "Do you ever wonder why we're here?" opening lines while chilling in the hanger.
- Karen tries to BS her way through introduction to a suspicious Rukuriri and Nilgiri in the vein of V while nicknaming herself as La-li-lu-le-lo.Karen: And you may call me L*pton.
- Two of St. Gloriana Yard's finest are named Constable Butterman and Sergeant Angel.
- Erika manically bangs on the side hatch of the hijacked Chruchill tank while shrieking, "Let me in! LET ME IIIIIIINN!!!!!" They later pick up the rest of the Kuromorimine girls near St. Gloriana's Baker Street.