- The Maus commander Mauko and her team recall the amount of PTSD facing Oorai's Hetzer. One of them goes into a Madness Mantra of "Hetzers gonna Hetz..." in reference to a World of Tanks meme.
- Erika freaks out when she notes Shiho Nishizumi doing the Gendou pose.
- Karen references Monty Python and the Holy Grail when talking about Team Rabbit from Oorai. Erika doesn't get it."Look at the BONES!"
- When the third-year sempais invite Erika to their dorms, some of them are watching Inglourious Basterds, specifically the part where Lt. Aldo Raine finishes his "killin' Nazis" speech, and the girls pausing it when it transits to the infamous scene of Hitler screaming "NEIN! NEIN! NEIN!" repeatedly.
- Lotte scares the living hell out of a media club member when she breaches the media room with a smoke grenade while wearing a WWII German gas mask.
- Cadenza brings up a certain Youtube video that talks about how bad of a tank destroyer the Elefant is, with Ritaiko defending that it was actually talking about the earlier Ferdinand. Given the author's affinity for memes, the video in question is most likely this one made by the channel, Potential History.
- Kai quotes Deadpool after making a very good shot."I am touching myself tonight! WOO!"
- Lotte trolls Karen over the phone when she refuses to play the rest of the video with a prequel meme, first of many."... nope! This is where the fun begins!"
- When Leila expresses her desire to kiss Erika too after witnessing Karen doing it first, Yumiko quotes Nute Gunray."This is getting out of hand. Now there're two of them!"
Season 2 - Overdrive Phase
- Shiho's reaction to the... exciting event going on in Erika's room is a reference to this memetic reaction image◊ from Warhammer 40,000 forums."Good evening Erika. What is going on in this room.... BY THE EMPEROR!
- When the students question the amazing technology behind the mechanics of Round Table, Shiho simply replies, "Nanomachines, child".
- "The Round Table... dead man's words hold no meaning."
- Karen mentions the film, Battle of the Bulge and the possibility of fielding M47 Patton tanks that were standing in for 'German tanks' and then just slapping the Kuromorimine paint job on them to pass them off as such. Erika and Shiho are not amused in the slightest.
- This conversation adapted from Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl:
- Later when Erika questions Karen on why she would specifically request Soviet tanks as possible additions to their tank inventory, Karen tries to tell her in two words, "Russian bias".
- This exchange, in which Junko understood the reference.Someone: So, Cadenza, Cadenza!
Cadenza: Yes, I'm Cadenza.
- Cadenza threatens to hookblade someone and hang them off some balcony when they tease her.
- Anchovy's Identity Amnesia is cured by the sight of sheer heresy committed on Italian cuisine to which she exclaims "...only villains do that!", referencing this meme.
- Kai exclaims, "No capes!" after hearing how Anchovy's got hers hooked on a lifeboat.
- Cadenza claims that she once turned into an Italian version of Gordon Ramsay by going all Hell's Kitchen on a group of trainee student chefs.
- Kai and the Six-Finger Gang discuss the Bowsette trend near the end of the chapter.
- At the end of the chapter, Erika bumps into a janitor who tells her, "You know, I guess one person can make a difference. Nuff said.". In a small heartfelt tribute, Erika thanks him for all that he has done.
- The description of the artillery sequence of Maginot's Saint-Chamond tanks plays out exactly like Battlefield 1's artillery cutscene from Though Mud and Blood level of the single-player campaign.
- The backlash of Battlefield V is referenced when Marie calls Karen "uneducated" Explanation for her remark on being historically accurate.
- The iconic Pirates of the Caribbean parodies relentlessly appear once the sailor girls of Kuromorimine start hijacking BC Freedom's artillery units.BC Freedom Girl: Bloody pirates!
- Shizuka quotes Tai Lung's memetic phrase from Kung Fu Panda after Yumiko challenges her.Shizuka: Finally, a Worthy Opponent! Our battle will be legendary!
- Obama channels King Leonidas after a treacherous BC Freedom girl tried to pull a fast one on her.
- Jack the monkey brandishes a saber when several Maginot girls board one of the hijacked Saint-Chamond tanks, and reenacts the Abu scene from Aladdin word-for-word.BC Freedom Girl (frightened): He's got a sword!
BC Freedom Leader: You idiots! We've all got swords!
- Karen channels Will Smith when she sees Komue kissing Erika, referencing the memetically famous segment from the universally-panned Youtube Rewind 2018.Karen: "Aww yeah, that's hot. That's hot!
- The video challenge from the joint Saunders-St. Gloriana's team starts with the "AMERICA, FUCK YEAH!" theme song from Team America: World Police.Erika: Mein Gott, why?
Lets just begin with the statement that Saunders is portrayed as an overflowing Fountain of Expies.
- In the mess hall, an female Expy of Lt. Col. Kilgore complete with the calvary stetson hat exclaims how she loves the smell of fries and bacon in the morning. Another girl with similar physique to Big Smoke quotes his memetic Cluckin' Bell order from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
- Kay mentions her new recruitment program titled: "the Glorious Bastards re-initiative".
- Megan the baseball-toting Mexican is a combination of Harley Quinn and Negan.
- When told that they were going up against Kuromorimine, Megan repiles "Shit amigo, that's all you had to say!", referencing the reaction meme that spawned from it.
- Megan refers to the Kappa Hive club as a place where "you will never find a more Wretched Hive of scum and villainy".
- Huguette Steiglitz is a blatant Distaff Counterpart to Hugo Stiglitz, only with a PG-13, context-friendly version of why she defected to Saunders
- While talking about the Agriculture Club's new gardening trail, White Boar says, "Welcome to the rice fields".
- This conversation:
- Megan does a Take That! when she prefers to call slavery "surprise employment", in reference to a recent UK court hearing about Electronic Arts recent lootbox practices.
- Helmet-chan's backstory is exactly the same as Habara's, with the addition of her helmet being some kind of personality limiter.
- One of White Boar's crew mates, 'Annoying Invading Owl' is clearly an Anthropomorphic Personification of the Duolingo owl mascot.
- Kay's inspirational speech to the new Glorious Bastards is a long, plagiarized mix of excerpts from Real Life famous speeches, Independence Day, Pacific Rim and ending with her channeling Keanu Reeves' "You're breathtaking!" mematic quote from E3 2019.
- This videonote is referenced wholesale when the Kuromorimine sailors introduce their newest scout car by its full German designation, the SCHWERER PANZERSPÄHWAGEN SIEBEN KOMMA FÜNF ZENTIMETER SONDERKRAFTFAHRZEUG ZWEIHUNDERTVIERUNDDREISSIG / VIER PANZERABWEHRKANONENWAGEN! Even Karen's reaction is based on one of the top comments on the video.Karen: And my German vocabulary has just increased by one."
- Hiimdaisy's Let's Destroy the Shagohod is referenced when a St. Gloriana guard spots Erika disguised as an alligator in a swamp, with the former's superior being extremely indifferent about it. Erika is also referred to as ' Big Boss' throughout their infiltration.
- Opening dialogue from Shaun of the Dead can be heard from he St. Gloriana schoolship cargo crew.
- Before commencing their infiltration, Erika reminds her team ,"Remember, no German'' right as their cargo elevator reaches their floor.
- The gang bump into the internet's mematic interpretation of Trainer Gloria while referencing this popular fancomic◊ that spawned from the meme.Everyone: Oh no, she's Scottish.
- Hawisa mentions watching Boku no Hero Academia while Lotte thought she was gonna mention Boku no Pico instead.
- Erika and Hawisa bump into a maid/assistant teacher Emma before getting roped into a tea-brewing class taught by a certain Sebastian. Hawisa almost could not resist responding to Emma's "Hello there," with a "General Kenobi!"
- Taiga and Karen quote Red vs. Blue's legendary, "Do you ever wonder why we're here?" opening lines while chilling in the hanger.
- Karen tries to BS her way through introduction to a suspicious Rukuriri and Nilgiri in the vein of V while nicknaming herself as La-li-lu-le-lo.Karen: And you may call me L*pton.
- Two of St. Gloriana Yard's finest are named Constable Butterman and Sergeant Angel.
- Erika manically bangs on the side hatch of the hijacked Chruchill tank while shrieking, "Let me in! LET ME IIIIIIINN!!!!!" They later pick up the rest of the Kuromorimine girls near St. Gloriana's Baker Street.
- Several Saunders girls emerge from a Terminator-esque time portal, claiming they had just returned from an apparently successful raid on Area 51.
- A fair amount of Jojo memes make their unsubtle debut here, include Darjeeling just standing there.... MENANCINGLY!.
- Alisa and Kay going "WRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYY" in response to their battle plans falling apart.
- Elena channels her inner Rudol von Stronheim when her Tiger II No Sells 75mm shells from the Sherman fleet."BRRRRRRRRRAKA MONOGA! DOITSU NO KAGAKU WA SEKAI ICHI!!!!!"
- This gem from Karen:"You were expecting reinforcements? KONO KAREN DA (But it was I, Karen)!"
- The whole, "Oh, you're approaching me?" mematic dialogue is uttered by Elena against Huegette in their first meeting.
- During an argument with Saunders, Lotte mentions that all the Americans ever gave the Japanese were two atomic bombs and that "Youtuber who walked into the forest".
- Sheska reflects on Kuromorimine's actions for the entire Season; infiltrating St. Gloriana's, stealing their tank, the kidnapping and subsequent brainwashing of Orange Pekoe with an apt quote from That Mitchell and Webb Look:
- Elena, in full Wehrmacht officer uniform orders strawberry milkshakes for Erika and Katushya, all while a "Bee-Jay" enters the diner in a firefighter's uniform and a overly-large fire extinguisher.
- J.J, the announcer greets the spectators with a "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MOOOOOOOOORNING ROUND TABLE!"
- When Erika asks Karen if her sole purpose in the match was to be bait, the latter replies "Well yes, but actually no".
- A Saunders scout yells: "We are under attack by Anzio's tankettes!...... Why am I shouting this?"
- Alisa's reaction to the Anzio tankers utilising Panzerfaust AT rockets is a reference to a Red vs. Blue screencap that only recently made mematic use in early 2019."Wait..... that's illegal!"
- Another Saunders tanker announces, "Broken Arrow! Broken Arrow!" when their position is being heavily bombarded by the Kuromorimine force.
- Anchovy channels her inner Imperial Commissar when she gets up close and personal with the Saunders tank force.
- The Kuromorimine tankers sing the Panzerlied, followed by a German-translated cover of Los, Los, Los!, the 1st ending credits song for the The Saga of Tanya the Evil anime when they start to deal a Curb-Stomp Battle to Saunders.
- A smug Lotte taunts Alisa with a earth-shattering revelation ending with an "O kawaii koto (How cute)".
- Megan declares that she will do what is called a "Pro-Gamer move", before signing off with a "Bravo Six, going dark".
- Elena quotes Colonel Hans Landa when she finally sees Huguette Stilgitz in the flesh."Ahh, Hugette! Look at you, the tank commander, given your history of insurbodination. I'm surprised, really. Very impressive. You've moved up the world."
- Hugette returns the remark with one from Fist of the North StarHugette: "Omae wa mou shindeiru"
- "NICO NICO NIIIIII!!!!!!!!"
- White Boar's crew compare's Helmet-chan's 'awakened mode' to X23 and Lady Deathstrike.
- Bonple High arrives to the chorus of "WHEN THE WINGED HUSSARS ARRIVED!"
- Karen's reaction to seeing Maho on the enemy team is that of Dr. Robotnik from the Sonic the Hedgehog (2020) movie.
- Kai emphathising with one Peter Muller regarding Erika's situation.
- Karen quotes Thanos twice when she takes the reigns of the losing battle."You should have gone for the engine"
- The two light tank commanders from KMM begs Naomi for mercy. They are greeted with this exchange:
- "Pizza time!"
- When Kay is cornered by Karen's surviving forces, the forces of Saunders, St. Gloriana's, Bonple High and their other allies arrive over the horizon ala the climax of Avengers: Infinity War.Kay: "Glorious Bastards!...... Assemble!
- Kai greets a recovering Erika with a classic opener:Kai: Hey, you're finally awake! You're trying to cross the border, right? Walked right into that Imperial ambush, same as us?
- "Now that's a lotta damage!"
- In the afterparty of the match, Chito and Yuuri sing their duet of the anime's opening song, Ugoku, Ugoku (Moving, Moving), while the Kuromorimine girls sing "Changeover Day"