The contestants obviously drop a ton of references to their or their opponent's series of origin. Occasionally though, references are made to other works of fiction.
Samus VS Mega Man
- Samus describes Mega Man as having been "created by Geppetto".
- As Samus tells Mega Man that Nintendo knows how to handle characters who, like him, are without a future, a picture of Pac-Man appears on screen.
Elsa VS Jack Frost
- Jack complains that he would have preferred to face Snow White.
Rayman VS Crash Bandicoot
- Rayman compares Crash to a "dumber version of Donkey Kong".
- Crash calls Rayman "Ray Charles". He also asks Rayman to refer to him as "Snoop Naughty Dogg".
- Rayman points out that Crash stole his tornado spin from Taz. A Pidgeotto also appears in the background, referencing its Gust attack (which is called "Tornade" in French).
Ash VS Yugi
- Ash accuses Duel Monsters of being a mere copy of Magic: The Gathering, and states that even Hearthstone was able to surpass it.
- The line "That's just a dog, and that's just a duck!" is actually a reference to a video by Ermite Moderne, which parodied how fans reacted to the unveiling of new Pokémon.
Lara Croft VS Dora the Explorer
- Dora taunts Lara by pointing out that the Uncharted series has become much more popular than her own, and accuses her of ripping off Indiana Jones.
- Lara borrows a line from Duke Nukem: "I'm not gonna fight you, I'm gonna kick your ass!".
Saitama VS Superman
- Upon seeing Saitama, Superman compares him to Sangoku and Krilin.
Sonic VS Rainbow Dash
- One of Rainbow's lines is "The Powerpuff Girls versus your Powerpuff turds".
- "Wanna die a golden death? I'm The Lord of the Rings! Don't wake my fellowship, they won't go easy on you!". The "golden death" part is also a reference to The Lord of the Rings in the original French, as "mort d'or" sounds like "Mordor".
Zorro vs Zoro
- One of Zoro's lines is "What does the fox say?", which makes sense when you know that "zorro" is Spanish for "fox".
- Zoro mentions that Captain Hook would be a more appropriate opponent for Zorro.
- Zorro states that Toei's art is "hardly super good", referencing the controversy surrounding Dragon Ball Super's mediocre animation.
Link VS Peter Pan
- Link mentions the Beagle Boys in one of his lines.
Mettaton VS Bayonetta
- Mettaton makes a passing reference to Dante from Devil May Cry, who even appears on screen at that moment.
- Mettaton mentons that he "can go Neo" to dodge Bayonetta's shots, which not only references his NEO form in his home game, but also the bullet-dodging scenes in The Matrix.
- Mettaton compares himself to Inspector Gadget, even reprising the latter's catchphrase by calling Bayonetta a "go-go-dancer".
Detective Conan VS Inspector Gadget
- Conan compares Gadget to several characters, namely Batman, "the three dollar cents man", and Hercule Poirot.
- Conan nicknames himself "Conan the Barbarian".
- One of Gadget's lines, "Back to elementary course, my dear Watson", is a reference to Sherlock Holmes' famous catchphrase.
Powerpuff Girls VS Totally Spies
- Bubbles compares the Spies to Barbie. Buttercups adds that they're going to get "ken", which is both a reference to Barbie's boyfriend and French slang for "fucked".
- Bubbles refers to the Spies as "Jerry's angels".
- The Spies compare themselves to the James Bond girls, with Clover even namedropping Sean Connery.
- Alex states that Superman is probably laughing at the PPG.
- "Say, Mojo Jojo, bizarre adventures that you're having."
All Might VS Koro-Sensei
- All-Might claims that he is training the next Saitama.
- "Bullshit!" appears in a speech bubble styled after the ones present in the Ace Attorney series as All-Might screams it.
- Onizuka's nickname for All-Might is "Captain Americunt".
The Visitor from the Future VS The Visitors
- Godefroy tells the Visitor to go play the cup-and-ball, which is a wink to La Théorie des Balls, another Frenchnerd series in which cup-and-balls are a major plot point.
- The Visitor namedrops two other movies featuring Christian Clavier, namely On ne choisit pas sa famille and Qu'est-ce qu'on a fait au Bon Dieu ?.
- A zombie from the game Plants vs. Zombies shows up in the background.
Yandere-Chan VS Monika
- The line "Monika is a slut" is taken directly from the song "C'est une pute" by Fatal Bazooka, who appears in the background.
- One line points out that had the battle followed popular demand, Sans would have been the one to face Ayano rather than Monika.