- Plenty of them to Advice and Trust.Maya stared after her boss and formerly-secret crush as she disappeared down the corridor. "What the hell just happened?"
- Just like in The Second Try, it is Kaworu who sends everyone back. (Not a coincidence; that fic was the second biggest influence on this story after A&T)
- Kaworu is a girl? Sounds familiar.
- Shinji confronts his father about the fact he is piloting the robot that ate his mother, just like in Once More with Feeling. (Also not a coincidence)
- Ritsuko suggests that the wrestling move Rei used against Sachiel was taken from Final Fantasy, VI to be precise. Yes, she suplexed it.
- Asuka declaring her intention to "stomp on every last Angel until it can be mailed" borrows an Author Catchphrase from the author of Nobody Dies.
- An actual Nobody Dies shout-out comes in Chapter 4:Misato: Shinji, have you ever heard of something called a mid-life crisis?Shinji: Fffffffff...Rei: Either that was a yes, or Shinji has sprung a leak.
- "All this has happened before, and will happen again"note was the prearranged identification codephrase for all the returnees. Much to Asuka's irritation, almost everyone thought it was a Battlestar Galactica reference and not from the Bible. (And so did the author until someone pointed this out)
Shout Out / Doing It Right This Time