- The series' title is, itself, a reference to The Girl Who Leapt Through Time.
- Shoutmon's new design is a walking homage to both Kamen Rider and Getter Robo, the latter finally completing his evolution into a walking Super Robot homage.
- Look at Gumdramon's name. Then at his powers, which involve stretching. He reminds one of a certain other Rubber Man. He even has a red vest!
- Meanwhile, his "Fire Vortex" technique is basically Sonic the Hedgehog's Spin Dash technique. That, or Flame Wheel.
- When Tagiru feeds Pagumon, he starts producing evil duplicates that cause havoc all over town.
- Taiki has a Kamen Rider Fourze poster in his room. Even more so, Phelesmon's motivation and disguise were basically dark reflections of Fourze's own motivations and costume (Particularly the head).
- Episode thirteen is an homage to The Polar Express. Fitting, in that said episode aired on Christmas.
- Episode 20 and its allusions to Yu-Gi-Oh!. One of the players should even remind you of a certain bug-themed card player in the anime.
- Tuwarmon's DigiXros with SuperStarmon has him have a second face on his chest (SuperStarmon's), which wears Cool Shades. Sounds really familiar, doesn't it?
Shout Out / Digimon Xros Wars: The Young Hunters Leaping Through Time