- In the English dub, a Candlemon village leader invites the kids to "please, be our guest!"
- At the time of the original airing, Disney owned Digimon's dubbing rights.
- A lightsabre-wielding hero duels with a villain in black armour wielding a red sword, which is followed by a certain revelation...
- Fairymon's Roseo Temporale and Tornado Gamba are rather obvious references to Chun-Li's Hyakuretsukyaku and Spinning Bird Kick, respectively.
- Possibly Sorcerermon to Gandalf the White, considering that's he basically Wizardmon, but only in brighter, whiter clothes and has a cool staff. Considering like Gandalf that Wizardmon sacrificed himself to save his friends, and has links to angels, its only fitting.
- In Izumi's Flashback in Episode 8, she is seen reading a book called "Prince of Star" which is the Japanese title of The Little Prince
- ShadowWereGarurumon and Doggymon are based on Dick Dastardly and Muttley respectively. Doggymon even has the same laugh.
- Crusadermon resembles the Knight Sabers from Bubblegum Crisis, and his/her slicing ribbon attack comes directly from that.
Shout Out / Digimon Frontier