- Myotismon mentioning "Fire and Ice" by Robert Frost during his takeover of OdaibaMyotismon: Soon now, not in fire or ice but in fog. This world will soon be mine!
- Our War Game has two kids fighting against a killer digimon against the clock because the said mon, which is essentially a sentient computer program, is planning to fire nukes that it got access to by hacking the military. Even the name gives a clue to a certain 80's movie.
- One dub title is called "Princess Karaoke," a reference to Princess Mononoke.
- In the English dub, a lot of characters' voices are based on celebrities, many from the writers' and producers' childhoods. For example, Gatomon's voice has some Eartha Kitt influence because she's a cat.
- WarGreymon's Brave Tornado is one to Combattler V's Choudenji Spin.
Shout Out / Digimon Adventure