- In episode 2, Matt takes out the fake cop running down several flights of stairs by tracking his movements and dropping a fire extinguisher on him. He didn't use a chainsaw, though.
- There's a Oner fight sequence in a long hallway that's a reference to Oldboy (2003).
- Also in episode 2, "Battlin" Jack Murdock, when strongarmed into taking a dive, is told to go down in the 5th and repeat the instruction.
- Stick uses a katana in a wooden sheath, in a nod to the blind swordsman Zatoichi.
- Stick raises his hand and says "I swear I will not kill anybody."
- Foggy's reaction to Matt talking about Stick: "A blind old man taught you the ancient ways of martial arts? Isn't that the plot of Kung Fu?"
- Foggy calls Matt "Padawan" while doing a bad Yoda impersonation. And compares them to Goose and Maverick.
- The fictitious NYPD 15th Precinct is a reference to other shows that use that precinct number, like NYPD Blue and Law & Order.
- At one point, Matt describes a facet of his powers as being able to sense "micro-changes in air density".
- "Foggy Bear," Marci Stahl's Embarrassing Nickname for Foggy, is a play on "Fozzie Bear" of The Muppets.
- A number of character posters for season 2 are recreations of famous Baroque paintings. These include Matt recreating "Saint Sebastian" by Peter Paul Rubens, Frank recreating "David with the Head of Goliath" by Caravaggio, and Karen recreating "Saint Jerome Writing", also by Caravaggio.
- Brett Mahoney compares the Punisher to Death Wish.
- One of the buildings that Matt and Elektra have to infiltrate is called the Yakatomi Plaza.
- In 'Karen', season 3, Karen uses a blunt object to knock Bullseye off a balcony. He lands in a similar pose to Michael Myers in Halloween, and similarly performs a disappearing act.
Shout Out / Daredevil (2015)