open/close all folders
- After bursting through a wall in the library, Rex grabs a random book called "Astrophysics For Morons"
- On the library's third floor, Mary stumbles upon a few books she can't understand: namely "Quidditch Through the Ages", "On The Effective Treatment of Wounds", "The Dining of Aristocrats" and "New Book on Anatomy".
- When Rick and Morty first see the jungle they spot a Drone.
- Plague Knight has a staring contest with Blossomon. Alice is also chased by a Snimon while making her way back to the library.
- A Nui-Rama surprises Ben by erupting from below the floor of the library.
- A Zinger chases Stinkfly through the jungle.
- Most of the bugs that attack Ashe and Rex in the crevice are Warrior Arachnids.
- Rick's robot is turned into Pinocchio and he dismantles him. He also squishes Jiminy Cricket in the process.
- Geppetto took in Sadness and Mary in for the night. He wondered where Pinnochio could be.
- Chicken Little was slapped aside by Morty, and then he got roasted by the dragon.
- Rumpelstiltskin and Shrek showed up at Plague Knight's doorstop and he turned them both away.
- Rex accidentally crushes Olaf to death after falling several meters from the sky while fighting Vendral.
- Lune is given a copy of The Art of War by Miss Tairee. From that point forward, she starts consulting the book and taking its advice (shown as quotes in her player's posts).
- The older Lune's outfit is based on Straus's outfit after her armor was destroyed.
- Sawyer briefly mentions The Rabbit of Caerbannog.
- Ben and Lune eat in a restaurant that serves seafood. Blooper Calamari, Shredded Murloc Fin, Giant Enemy Crab Legs, Mirelurk Claws, 7 Colored Fish Filet, and Wahrk Fin Soup.
- Instead of taking the usual condiments when eating her second helping, Lune takes a Jar of Delisauce. As in the game, it makes everything more delicious.
- While looking for the anti-human rally, Rex passes by a Mr. Smoothy, an orphanage for little sisters, and a Daily Bugle building.
- Rick and Morty compare the day's theme to Who Framed Roger Rabbit.
- Miss Tairee's voice, much to her dismay, is replaced with the sound of a a muted trombone.
- A Ruckus member's axe starts clucking like a chicken.
- Ben, in Cannonbolt form, comes across an ACME store, with Wile E. Coyote perusing its merchandise.
- One of Sadness' posts contains the line "Twelve-year-olds didn't die; they went through a troublesome phase and grew out of it" which is almost a direct quote from Eoin Colfer's book The Wish List (but in that case, the line referred to fourteen-year-olds).
- When the others are confronting him, thinking he's possessed, Ben rhetorically asks them if he's "spinning his head around and spitting at people".
- Lune's Dream
- Lune eats a sandwich, then proclaims "Yes! Yes! This is delicious!"
- Miss Tairee offers to make Ben a holy weapon to fight off Old Feather Beak. Ben considers a holy hand grenade, but writes it off as "too silly".
- Specter Knight finds a book about a Golden Lute, but deems it useless.
- "Sans presumably expected Cole to follow him first, but it was he, Hol Horse!"
- Several of the characters get changed into Pokémon and Digimon for the day.
- Ben references Pinocchio and Cinderella when discussing how to make Mary a real girl.
- The narration when Sans passes by the localized blizzard caused by the day's boss mentions that "the cold never bothered him anyway"
- When Sans witnesses Brother Marcus showing up to attack OFB and saving Zelda from him, the header in the post reads "justice rains from above"
- Zombies from various media are represented among the hordes, among them Left 4 Dead, The Last of Us, Kingdom Hearts, Bowser's Kingdom, and Plants vs. Zombies.
- When Susan complains about her attire on the hot day, Miss Tairee offers a cheerleader's outfit instead.
- While babysitting the seedling child and the hornet, Viola reads a book about a teen from Boston that finds himself pulled into the affairs of the Norse Gods.
- The characters are attacked by both the classic and reboot versions of the Chryssalid at the same time.
- Ben, as Four Arms, tries to grab a Chryssalid and smash it into the ground like a certain Avenger attempted to do to a certain puny god.
- Lune and Yoshika watch The Iron Giant in the movie theater Lune and Rex won after beating Yoko and Nia in a game of volleyball.
- Karkat got some Nuka-Cola, some grub soup, and chocolate bars with Purgenol as an ingredient.
- An ice cream vendor is described as an "octopus thingy, who seemed to move at around Mach 20".
- During the discussion on the library on what to do regarding OFB and Ghostfreak, Zelda calls Sans out on wanting to do nothing for the day, prompting him to reply with "well, excuse me princess."
- The header in one of the posts where Sans tries to make Caro blush as much as she can while talking about heroes reads "red is the color of the hero"
- Lune and Rex perform the Muscle Docking in Lune's dream.
- Zelda's post headers tend to contain lots of shout outs in general, but a notable one for Day 11 reads Oh Come Now, For Liddle Ol' Me? Surely You Jestin'! (used for when Sans gets around to giving her a present).
- When Ben is underwater with the Leviathan, the header reads "It is pitch black. You are likely to get eaten by a grue."
- The day's name is "The last confine", a reference to "Space, the final frontier".
- Rex sees The Little Prince fly by upon noticing the day theme.
- Planetman, a villain from the Kinnikuman series, drifts past Lune and Rex as they explore outer space.
- Heatblast accidentally frightens a Toad.
- Replicas of Planet Kinniku and Ego the Living Planet show up.
- Steve the Piranha Plant and his Dino Rhino girlfriend were two of the patrons inside of the Catgirls' diner.
- The Angry Sun, the Raisin Bran Sun, and the Moon show up when X and his group were exploring outer space.
- Lucky Candy and Slurm were among the items inside the grocery store.
- Ben mistakes Judge for the Cheshire Cat, bringing up that he thought he'd look more like the Disney version.
- While Viola is researching a book about Immortality, she happens to find a book on Alkahestry and use it as a reference for said research.
- A Weeping Angel stalks Sans and his group.
- Mary makes an appearance in the house of mirrors.
- An Alien scares the group at the Ferris Wheel.
- The Animatronics from Freddy's Pizzeria hunt Rick's group.
- Rick and the gang take briefly take cover in a
- Bubba-Gump Shrimp, the restaurant based on the Forrest Gump movie, is used as a temporary shelter.
- One post involving a critically-injured Lewis is titled "I Imagine Death So Much It Feels More Like a Memory...wait"
- The rundown motel nearby the balloon stand is called the Bates Motel.
- Several of Forrest Gump's location indicators have mentions of diplomacy in them. This is a reference to Forrest Gump participating in Ping Chinese Pong Diplomacy.
- Fate and Arf get a skateboard from a cow pretending to be a man. The same cow later shows up during Plague Knight's and Garrett's race.
- The header of the post where Wildmutt starts off on the race against Arf is labeled "GONG YI TANPAI!"
- Legally-safe versions of Mario and Luigi show up during Plague Knight and Garrett's race.
- Kitt Felinu, Chester Griffin, Savannah, and Marcia Shyneet were among the audience watching XLR8 and Forrest Gump's race. Savannah even threw a can Forrest's face. These people made appearances in Our Avatars Are in a Room Together.
- Towards the end of the day, Fate and Arf find a restaurant named the Bucket O' Sushi.
- The toaster in the City Knights' cottage constantly asks if anyone wants any grilled bread products.
- Eve mutters "Rl'yeh" under her breath among various half-asleep nonsense.
- One of Fate's post headers reads "Somewhere, a Yellow Scientist Lizard is Screeching."
- "Jack" paraphrases Dylan Thomas' famous Do Not Go Gentle into That Night when discussing the norms of society with Makoto and Rex.
- In a bar, Garrett meets "a burly, undershaven fellow with short-cropped black hair and a pink tracksuit" drinking from a beer can. It's a cameo appearance by Kopalny, the character played by Garrett's player all the way back in The Massive Multi-Fandom RPG. For bonus reference points, Kopalny tells Garrett that he once got trapped "in a city like this one", a shout-out to the premise of that game.
- The beginning of the signup has the mysterious entity trying to write a book. He copies the beginning of Discworld, Fallout, and Star Trek but each time he says that it's been done before.
- Generally, every player tends to like to reference events and characters from their respective character's place of origin.
- Several times, the library has been called the "librarby."
- The post headings that describe where the characters are have occasionally been simply titled "Somewhere." Then, at least twice, it's been followed up by the words Over the Rainbow (crossed out as a joke).
- Gon's getup (Cap and neck gaiter) after arriving in the City is based on Aiden Pearce from Watch_Dogs.
- A malevolent, splinter group of the Church of Literacy calls themselves "Chandler's Gunmen", in reference to Raymond Chandler's quote:When in doubt, have a man come through a door with a gun in his hand.