- In The Pajama Game, the other girls in the factory are shipping Babe and Sid. Babe sings a song, "I'm Not At All In Love", in an attempt to get them to buzz off, but she and Sid end up together anyway.
- Elwood P. Dowd and Harvey help Dr. Sanderson and Ms. Kelly rediscover their long-buried feelings for one another by the end of the play/film.
- In Little Shop of Horrors, Crystal, Ronette and Chiffon ship Seymour and Audrey.Crystal: So dump the chump, get another guy and let him protect you.Chiffon: And we got one all picked out.Ronette: A little botanical genius.Crystal: And she ain't talkin' about George Washington Carver.
- In the penultimate vignette of Almost, Maine, "Seeing the Thing", Dave has finally gotten up the nerve to confess his love for Rhonda. She was completely unaware, which Dave can't believe; after all, he says, Everyone Can See It and is rooting for them to get together (he lists almost every other named character in the play, who have encouraged him to go for it).
- Much Ado About Nothing runs on this trope. Most of the cast ships Benedick/Beatrice and schemes to get them together. Beatrice also ships Claudio/Hero, and goes into a murderous rage when her ship gets temporarily sunk.
- In A Midsummer Night's Dream, Lysander and Hermia ship Demetrius/Helena, partly because they like Helena and partly because Demetrius's plan to marry Hermia is getting in the way of their relationship. (It doesn't help that Hermia's father has talked Theseus, Duke of Athens, into supporting his preferred ship of Demetrius/Hermia.) Oberon also ships Demetrius/Helena and attempts to use love potion to make it canon. When a mix-up makes both Lysander and Demetrius love Helena, they instantly begin to ship each other with Hermia. Finally, Oberon fixes everything and his two favorite couples become Ship Mates. Even Theseus gets on board in the end.
- The subplot in The Taming of the Shrew mostly exists because Lucentio's servant, Tranio, ships Lucentio/Bianca. He eggs his master on in pursuit of the girl, then instigates a Zany Scheme to make it happen, eliminating her other suitors while he's at it.
- Deconstructed in Cyrano de Bergerac: Christian forces Cyrano to tell the truth to Roxanne because he wants Roxanne to choose him instead of Cyrano.
- The Desert Song: In the reprise of "The Song of The Brass Key", Clementina attempts to convince Margot to admit she loves the Red Shadow.
- In Hamlet, Queen Gertrude jumps pretty quickly to the conclusion that Hamlet's madness is caused by his love for Ophelia. She says several times that she hopes it to be the case and, at Ophelia's funeral, says she wishes Ophelia had been the girl Hamlet married.
Shipper On Deck / Theatre