- Jen and Sir Te urges and wishes that Shu Lien and Mu Bai from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon would get together.
- First Officer Marjoribanks from Carry On Cruising helped the ship's doctor try and win the affections of one of the passengers during on the cruise-ship they both work on.
- In The Dark Knight Rises, Alfred and Lucius both ship Bruce with Miranda Tate. And later on, they start shipping Bruce with Selina Kyle. Their main reason for shipping is to get Bruce out of his house and/or to move on with his life.
- A blink-and-you'll-miss-it scene in the Harry Potter film Half-Blood Prince seems to indicate Arthur Weasley ships his daughter, Ginny, with Harry. Harry (on the couch) and Arthur (in the armchair) are sitting in the Weasleys' living room when Ginny enters and sits next to Harry. Arthur immediately gets up and leaves the room, possibly indicating he realized what was going on between them before they did.
- More or less the entire nation of Panem ships Katniss and Peeta in The Hunger Games franchise.
- In John Tucker Must Die, Beth, Carrie and Heather notice that there are still some unresolved feelings between Kate and Scott and promptly act as shippers on deck when the movies ends.
- Sophie from Letters to Juliet ships Claire and her lover Lorenzo, even actively helping Claire find him. Likewise, Claire ships Sophie with her grandson Charlie.
- In Love Actually, Sarah's boss actually called her into his office to discuss what she is doing to do about her crush with her co-worker Karl.
- Love Before Breakfast: Although she knows her daughter Kay hates Scott, Mrs. Colby gives him their new phone number and tells him where he can find her, much to Kay's annoyance.
- Happens quite a bit in the Marvel Cinematic Universe:
- Thor: The Dark World sees Odin dropping some very unsubtle hints to Thor about getting together with Lady Sif, and Frigga being quite happy to see Thor with Jane Foster.
- Natasha Romanoff spends a lot of Captain America: The Winter Soldier casually suggesting people Steve should ask out on a date, even during less-than-opportune moments. There is an emphasis on Sharon/Agent 13.
- Ant-Man: Though he doesn't deny that Hope is attractive, Luis keeps referring to her as Scott's girlfriend.
- Doctor Strange (2016) features a platonic(ish) variant; A dying Ancient One tells Stephen to stay close with Mordo, saying that they'll need each other to fight Dormammu.The Ancient One: He needs your flexibility, just as you need his strength. Only together do you stand a chance of stopping Dormammu.
- Benjamin Dingle from The More the Merrier contrives many situations to get Joe Carter and Connie Milligan together.
- In Star Trek Into Darkness, Kirk is shown to be quite supportive of Spock and Uhura's relationship and gets concerned when they hit a snag.
- In Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990), Donatello and Casey Jones have different ideas on who from Gilligan's Island should pair up;Casey: ...The Professor and Mary Ann, happily ever after.Don: No way, atomic mouth! Gilligan was her main man! They'd be married and have six kids by now!Casey: Gilligan was a geek!
- Judging by their reactions to the kiss at the end of the film, all four Turtles eventually start shipping Casey/April.
- TRON: Legacy: While meditating, Kevin Flynn takes a moment to recognize his son Sam and Quorra are bonding and gives a warm smile.
- Vet Hard: At the end of this Dutch / Belgian movie, Bennie gets Koen and Katja together by driving him to her house and encouraging him to win her back. Koen is a necrophiliac murderer, Katja a manic suicidal woman, and Bennie a violent Sir Swears-a-Lot criminal who previously had tried to murder Katja himself (it's that kind of Dysfunction Junction of a Black Comedy).
- In Warrior of the Lost World (known for its appearance on Mystery Science Theater 3000), the title character's annoying sentient motorcycle ships him and Distressed Damsel Nastasia.
- In Written on the Wind, Marylee's father thinks she and Mitch should marry, and tells him as much. To Mitch, however, they are Like Brother and Sister.
Shipper On Deck / Film