is a Japanese tokusatsu
superhero television series created by Masaru Igami
and produced by Nippon Gendai and Senkosha, the series aired on NTV from November 4, 1958 to October 6, 1959, with a total of 49 episodes (divided into several segments). It was created to capitalize on the success of Shintoho's Super Giant
Toei Company produced two contemporary films based on the series. A new reboot, Yusei Oji 2021, is to be released.
- Art Evolution: The movie incarnation wears a completely different, more streamlined costume (and goggled helmet) than on TV.
- Badass Cape: Yusei Oji wears one.
- Big Bad: Ambassador Phantom of the Silver Planet appears in the film and in one of the TV series' story arcs.
- Breath Weapon: The Giant of Phantom breathes fire.
- Compilation Movie: For the TV release in America, the two movies were compiled into a 95-minute, English-dubbed movie entitled Prince of Space in 1962.
- The Film of the Series: Toei Company produced two theatrical films in 1959 that featured the character: Yusei Oji and Yusei Oji - Kyoufu no Uchuusennote
- Kaiju: The Giant of Phantom.
- Protagonist Title