Where Your Eyes Linger (너의 시선이 머무는 곳에; Neoeui Siseoni Meomuneun Gote) is a Korean web series which aired from May 22 to June 12, 2020 on the W-STORY app in South Korea and on Viki.
It was directed by Hwang Da Seul.
18-year-old high-school student Han Tae Joo (Han Gi Chan) is the sole heir of a powerful conglomerate. His closest friend of fifteen years is another student, Kang Gook (Jang Eui Soo), who has been hired by Tae Joo's father to also act as his unofficial bodyguard.
When Tae Joo encourages Gook to go on a date, the two are confronted with the realization their feelings go beyond friendship.
Where Your Eyes Linger contains examples of the following tropes:
- Abusive Parents: Tae Joo's father.
- Bodyguard Crush: Tae Joo and Gook's friendship evolves into this.
- Chick Magnet: Both boys attract a lot of girls through course of the series.
- Childhood Friends: Tae Joo and Gook
- Coming of Age Story
- Defeat Equals Friendship: Kim Pil-hyun.
- Did Not Get the Girl: the boy in this case, Choi Hye Mi does not end up with Kang Gook
- Fast-Forward to Reunion: Tae Joo and Gook reunite after three years* Green-Eyed Epiphany: Tae Joo
- Green-Eyed Monster: Tae Joo when Gook goes on his date. He doesn't even realize at first jealousy is what's making him angry.
- Happy Ending
- Held Gaze: To the point that the series was named after the boys' tendency to do this.
- I Didn't Mean to Turn You On: Tae Joo. Gook asks him to stop provoking him.
- Intimate Hair Brushing
- Love Hurts
- Men Don't Cry: Averted.
- Missing Mom: Tae Joo's mother, and it causes a lot of attachment issues between him and Gook.
- New Transfer Student: Choi Hye Mi.
- Obfuscating Disability: Tae Joo pretends to be hurt worse than he is, even using a fake cast, to get Gook to take care of him
- Oblivious to Love: Tae Joo is not only unaware of Gook's feelings, but also unaware of his own until Gook goes on a date.
- Official Couple: Tae Joo and Gook.
- Pair the Spares: Hye Mi and Pil-hyun, the only other two student characters of any note, start dating towards the end of the series.
- Queer Romance: Two boys are in love.
- The Big Damn Kiss: In the final episode Tae Joo and Gook finally kiss.
- The Tease: Tae Joo.
- They Do
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: Tae Joo and Gook, at least until after the time skip.
- Why Couldn't You Be Different?: Tae Joo's father towards Tae Joo, especially when he learns of his son's feelings towards another boy.
- Will They or Won't They?: They do.