- "Ich bin Phillipp Walulis. Fernsehen macht blöd.Aber auch unglaublich viel Spaß!"
Basically the german equivalent of Charlie Brookers Screenwipe, Walulis Sieht Fernnote features Phillip Walulis sitting on his couch, watching television and commenting on it. After explaining how a genre of television works, there would then be a skit in which the format was parodied in an extremely meta way.
It ended after four series but was semi-revived as Walulis in 2017.
Dies sind sehr renommierte Tropes:
- Bad Bad Acting: During the skits.
- The Cameo: Alfons Schuhbeck, german TV cook, appears in the series four teaser and encourages the team not to succumb to conformity
- Catch-Phrase: Ich bin Phillip Walulis. Fernsehen macht blöd - aber auch unglaublich viel Spaß!note
- Couch Gag: The prestigious Birnbaum-Institut is introduced, their newest invention is presented and Professor Bernhard Birnbaum announces the result of his newest study.
- Large Ham: Like you wouldn't believe.Culprit: Brüll brüll brüll brüll brüll! note
- No Fourth Wall: A lot of the skits.Defendant: So then, why are you shouting?Prosecutor: (stands up from behind his desk, only wearing underpants) Because this production is so cheap, they couldn't even afford pants for me!