Popular Korean boy band 2PM has never gone out on an overseas trip before (not even a local vacation) with all six members, so the Reality Show 2PM Wild Beat (2017) is here to give them the vacation they want! Uluru, Australia, here we go!
However, all good things come with a price, and unfortunately for them, the price is literally money: the group has to earn $1000 Australian dollars per person for a flight to Uluru. Not a problem, considering the money that must come from being an Idol Singer... right? Popular Korean boy band 2PM has also never experienced working part-time jobs before, so they have to earn their money the hard way by working in the streets of Melbourne.
This show contains examples of:
- Affectionate Nickname: Instead of sticking to their usual nicknames, they go with "Jun" for Minjun, "Nick/Nich/Nichk" for Nichkhun, "Young" for Wooyoung, and "Chan" for Chansung since it's easier for Westerners to pronounce. Meanwhile, Taecyeon stays as "Taec" and Junho as "Junho".
- Affectionate Parody: Nichkhun and Wooyoung imitate one of the scenes from the Korean Drama "I'm Sorry, I Love You" in the graffiti street.
- Animal Motifs: Upon being interviewed for a job related to penguins, Junho tells the female interviewer that his character is a penguin. Minjun backs it up by saying Junho's nickname is "Penguin". Nichkhun then explains their animal motifs to the interviewers.Nichkhun: (referring to Chansung) He's a banana. He's not a banana but he's a banana.
- Badass Adorable: Everyone, but especially Nichkhun and Junho who did most of the hard work.
- Catchphrase: Junho's "big passion".Junho: What I wanted to tell the interviewer is that I have a bit of passion. But I really don't know how to speak English.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: The program was advertised as "2PM's first vacation with all six members", and even the members thought it would be a vacation: no work, all play. But it turns out, before they can go on the actual vacation, they still have to work overseas.
- Fanservice: In some places, they are asked to dance or sing before getting a job.
Staff: Can I take a picture with you?Nichkhun: Let's talk about the job first!
- Upon entering the Thai restaurant, Nichkhun asks the women at the front desk if they're hiring part-timers.
- Fish out of Water: The members are amazed at McDonald's self-order system, apparently never seeing one despite it being available in Korea.
- Gratuitous English: A lot, especially the young boys. Nichkhun and Taecyeon have to translate some stuff while Jun. K can speak and understand it just fine.
Junho: Ok? Are you ok? Are you trust me?
- Junho says in an interview that since he isn't good at speaking English, he wanted to vomit.
- Junho is surprised upon being assigned to cook in a Thai restaurant.
Junho: It's very hot, are you ok?Staff: Do you want to try it?Junho: I... I'm ok?Staff: ...Are you ok?
- In the same restaurant, he strikes up a conversation with one of the cooks, who didn't quite get what he was saying.
- Wooyoung's ideal job is being a DJ or an MC at a party, because he can just say "Are you ready?" and "Let's go!" and the job's done.
- While writing their resumes, Chansung says that he wants to write that he is strong but can't express it in English. Before Nichkhun or Taecyeon could respond, Wooyoung proudly says "Good body".
- Hates Being Alone: Before embarking on the journey, Junho says that he wants some alone time since it's supposed to be a vacation. The writers then say that they will make sure that Junho is alone for the duration of the trip. He immediately takes back his statement.
- In Da Club: During their first night in Melbourne, Wooyoung, Chansung, and Taecyeon enter a lounge, only to come back a few moments later because it was not the kind of "innocent" club that they were expecting.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: One of the things that Junho told the interviewer at Philip Island to convince her to let him work there was that he has three cats.
- The Load: The members consider Taecyeon this, as all he wants to do is play around and spend money. On a lesser extent, Wooyoung, because he spent a lot when he was the first King.
- Lovable Jock: Wooyoung suggests that Chansung should get a job related to Taekwondo or Kendo, and says that Nichkhun's four years of Muay Thai might be of good use. Unfortunately, these skills were not needed in looking for a job.
- The Navigator: "Jun Navi" and "Khunavigator".
- Neat Freak: Wooyoung, who always cleans up after the others.
- No Senseof Direction: Taecyeon's ideal job is to be a tour guide, and Nichkhun immediately points out that he is bad at directions.Wooyoung: You are not a "tour guide". You are a "tour guide that speculates the tour". Ah, I think this is this kind of place. You're only useful for people who haven't been there.
- Only Sane Man: Junho, who is constantly worried about their work and even argues with the production team, while the other members think about playing and enjoyment. The editors of the show even describe him as over-worried, naggy, and proud because he's the only one who takes their job seriously.
- Pixellation: Since their flight to Australia coincides with one of the dates on Minjun's solo tour, Wooyoung asks the PD to put mosaic on his face because Minjun might not be in good condition. The PD complies with his request, but only for the first few minutes.
- Solo Side Project: When Junho tells the production team that he wants some alone time, Chansung tells them that he just finished his solo activities.
- Vacation Episode: The whole series showcases 2PM's trip to Australia, where the "actual" vacation part only happens in the last few episodes because they mostly worked.