Mitch (Mark-Paul Gosselaar) and Russell (Tone Bell) are best friends and neighbors. The show revolves around the two having long conversations about various topics that affect and bother them, with each trying to rein in the other when one gets too worked up. Rounding out the cast are Tracy and Angie, their wives, who roll their eyes at their husbands antics and attempts to appear cooler than they are.
Not to be confused with the 2019 Apple TV+ series of the same name.
This program provides examples of:
- Ambiguously Brown: Mitch refers to Tracy as being "ethnically ambiguous". She refers to a grandmother living in the Philippines in the pilot.
- Children Are Innocent: Mitch finds it incredibly awkward that Tracy has taught their four-year-old daughter about her "bagina".
- Head-Tiltingly Kinky: After Russell reveals that he may have seen Mitch and Tracy's new babysitter in an adult film, he and Mitch watch the clip and tilt their heads to try and make sense of what's happening on screen.
- It Is Pronounced "Tro-PAY": The proper pronunciation of "Porsche" is briefly debated.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Mitch and Russell happily participate in tea parties with Mitch's daughter, with Russell even wearing a tiara and pink feather boa.
- Those Two Guys: A rare examples where those two guys are actually the main characters. The show is built around Mitch and Russell commenting on situations happening around them.