Titanic (2012) is a four-part tv-miniseries about the sinking of the Titanic which aired in 2012, in conjunction with the 100-year anniversary of the real-life sinking of the RMS Titanic. Written and produced by Downton Abbey creator Julian Fellowes, it has a cast of 96. Like many other dramas about the disaster, it explores class conflict and has many characters based on real-life victims and survivors. It stars Toby Jones, Linus Roache, Steven Waddington, Perdita Weeks, Noah Reid, Ruth Bradley, among others.
- Alas, Poor Villain: The snobbish Louisa refuses to leave her husband and won't get into a lifeboat.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Happens multiple times as characters refuse places in the lifeboats, usually leading to their deaths.
- Inspired by...: One of the many stories set aboard the ship.
- Plucky Girl: Georgianna, despite being wealthy, is an idealistic suffragist and an Expy of Lady Sybil from Downton Abbey.
- Ripped from the Headlines: Many of the subplots are inspired by media coverage of the disaster.