British documentary and Companion Show to Hustle, which ran from 2006 to 2012. The show follows a team of good con artists consisting of a pair of magicians and a model as they demonstrate contemporary cons and how to avoid them. While it was Hustle's non-fiction counterpart, it's become a show in its own right and overtook it in episode count, as well as expanding its cast.
"The Real Tropes":
- Christmas Episode: "The 12 Scams of Christmas", an hour-long special featuring seasonal cons.
- Companion Show: See Hustle.
- Con Man
- Fun with Acronyms: In the Christmas special the hustlers collect donations for their own "charity", known as Charitable Organisations Nationwide.
- The Little Shop That Wasn't There Yesterday
- Punny Name: The aliases of the team: Ian Steele, Rob Marks and Sue Windle.
- Meaningful Name: "This is Mr Crooke"
- Reality Subtext: Many of the cons.
- Short Con
- Smuggling with Dolls: The con artists in one case befriend some tourists on vacation and trick the tourists into becoming drug mules by asking them to deliver a stuffed animal full of drugs to one of their "relatives" when they return to the UK.