A 201314 sitcom on NBC, starring Michael J. Fox (duh) as Mike Henry, a news reporter who retired when diagnosed with Parkinson's, then decided to go back to work.
Rounding out the main cast are Mike's wife, Annie (Betsy Brandt); his children, Eve (Juliette Goglia), Ian (Conor Romero), and Graham (Jack Gore); and his sister, Leigh (Kate Finneran).
This show provides examples of:
- Dumb Blonde: The bright-blonde Aunt Leigh is quite flaky, both in her job and outside of her responsibilities.
- The Eponymous Show
- Inspirationally Disabled: Mike hates the trope, and how it's inevitably used regarding him, although he does find that he misses it when he meets another, even more Inspirationally Disabled guy.
- Kick the Dog: Well, punch the cat, actually. Getting filmed doing it on live tv spells the end of Zack's career.
- Mistaken for Gay: Eve assumes her friend, Reese, is a lesbian because she kissed a girl once at a party. She goes a little over the top to play up all the lesbian stereotypes. At the end of the episode, Reese admits the same of Eve.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Subverted. In the "Secret" episode, Ian, Eve, and Graham argue over what to do w/ an owl statue given to Graham that might contain something valuable. Ian wants to break it to find the possible treasure. Graham runs off with the statue and his siblings pursue him. Graham tosses the owl in the air, but Ian in slow, dramatic fashion, catches it. But then he says, "Wait. I wanted it to break."
- Siblings in Crime: Eve and Ian are usually at odds, but when their parents go away for the weekend, they join forces to rent out the apartment in order to make a little money.
- Wacky Guy: When Aunt Leigh drops by, you know something crazy's going to happen.