30 years ago, Kosuke Kyogoku (Toshiaki Karasawa) was a young police officer. He went after the dangerous criminal Kagura, but had an accident and fell into a coma.
Now, 30 years later, Kosuke wakes up from his coma. He is now in his 50s and the world has completely changed. He begins to work again as a cop and partners with young detective Ryota (Masataka Kubota). Ryota is geeky and timid, while Kosuke is brash and aggressive. Their new story begins.
The series is a co-production between NTV and Hulu Japan. It is a remake of the german series "Der letzte Bulle" ("The last cop") that ran from 2010 to 2014.
This series contains examples of:
- Big Good: Kosuke most certainly is a sweet guy (he even cries when a young girl plays music for him and Ryota!)
- Catchphrase: Ryota often screeches "I WANT TO GO HOME!!!!" whenever he attends dinner at Kosuke's ex-wife's house because of the craziness that happens during it. Kosuke also has his "I am immortal!".
- Only Sane Man: Ryota is this and often screams from all the insanity he gets pulled into by Kosuke.
- Papa Wolf: Kosuke acts like this towards the younger characters, and from flashbacks we see he was a very loving father towards his now grown daughter.
- The Ugly Guy's Hot Daughter: Well Kosuke is not UGLY, you would not expect his daughter to be as cute as she is.