The Journey of Allen Strange ran on Nickelodeon from 1997 to 2000. It is a mostly forgotten science-fiction show about two siblings, Josh and Robbie, who befriend a young alien stranded on Earth after his spaceship takes off without him. He disguises himself as a human and lives in the attic of the siblings' home. The kids name him Allen Strange and protect him from anyone who would suspect anything.
- Blank Slate: The mannequin brought to life to play the role of Allen's father. The mannequin acted very odd, saying random things, and needed to have his behavior molded to be more appropriate.
- The Men in Black: The Alien Retrieval Commission, particularly its faceless leader, Shaw.
- More than Three Dimensions: While wandering around a human high school, Allen overhears a physics class and walks in to "correct" the teacher with Xelan physics, which includes at least fifteen dimensions.
- Murderous Mannequin: The alien Allen Strange needs to blend in on Earth. To this end, he takes human form and brings a mannequin in a sports store to life so it can pose as his father. The mannequin is given the name Manfred Strange and throughout the series needs fine-tuning to properly act like a human.
- Single Tear: One episode where it looks like Allen will be returning home, has the mannequin cry when Allen tells it goodbye.
- They Would Cut You Up: The A.R.C. wanted to dissect Allen, hence the hiding.
- Very Special Episode: "Eye of a Stranger," in which Allen's assignment on Black History Month gives him a better understanding of slavery and the civil rights movement.
- Weirdness Magnet: Former alien abductee and conspiracy theorist Phil Berg. Being an abductee is explicitly mentioned as why more alien things gravitate to him.
- Xanatos Gambit: One episode had Josh and Robbie's divorced parents spending time together. Josh bets Robbie that they won't end up getting back together. When Robbie expresses her shock that he would 'bet against Mom and Dad' Josh replies, "That way I can't lose."