A CBS drama staring Simon Baker as Nick Fallin, a lawyer sentenced to community service after a drug conviction. The show deals with his strained relationship with his father (Dabney Coleman) and his work through community service.
The Series ran for three seasons.
Tropes for the series include:
- Bittersweet Ending:
- Bad: Nick loses his job at Fallin & Fallin. His friendship with Jake is over. Burton retires, thinking that Nick doesn't have what it takes to a corporate lawyer. Lulu prematurely gives birth to her and Nick's daughter, who has been diagnosed with Down syndrome. Nick realizes that Lulu will never love him the same way again. Alvin quits LSP due to ALS. Talik's final appeal is denied.
- Good: Nick's probation is over, and he appears to be determined to stay clean this time. Nick takes over Lulu's job as head of LSP, seemingly content with his choice. Despite their situation, Nick is happy to be a father, and his relationship with Lulu is cordial (if no longer romantic). Alvin is determined to spend his final days living life to the fullest.
- Bolivian Army Ending: James is shot by a client and left to die. The resolution is a nasty fakeout: Nick sees the client leave and realizes something's up but he is too late to help James.
- Not Even Bothering with the Accent: Not one single person who ever appeared on this show actually sounded like they're from Pittsburgh.
- Sex at Work: Alvin catches Lulu and Nick having sex, and she has to make her relationship with him official for professional reasons.