The Greg Gutfeld Show is a weekly talk show on Fox News hosted by Greg Gutfeld. The show is co hosted by Tyrus and Kat Timpf and has two guests every week. The show jokes about the news of the week and does not take itself too seriously. The show will usually have a comedian and a more serious commentator as its guests.
The show debuted on May 31, 2015. As of 2021, it airs weeknights at 11pm.
The Greg Gutfeld Show contains examples of:
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: Whenever they talk about Boston Dynamics' latest innovation, they come to the conclusion that AI will take over.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: When Greg showed a bunch of fake books claiming that Donald Trump is a bad person, they start at claims of theft, and the last book says that Trump returned a borrowed pencil with bitemarks in first grade.
- Butt-Monkey: Kat plays this role a lot, usually jokes about her Cat and her past relationships are brought up. Sometimes Greg will be the butt monkey though.
- Catchphrase: "I'm Greg Gutfeld, and I love you, America."
- Christmas Episode: During the holidays there will be Christmas themed music when cutting to and coming back from commercials.
- Confetti Drop: When Greg got his drivers license he had a bunch of people wearing animal costumes come out and throw confetti all around the set.
- Deadpan Snarker: Kat Timpf plays this straight.
- Disproportionate Celebration: When Greg got his drivers license and had his huge celebration Tyrus called it this.
- Early Installment Weirdness: The show didn't have a laugh track for the first 6 months, and the first few episodes were full of news parody segments, which are done less often in current episodes. The show was a more traditional talk show instead of the panel show it became later.
- Impossibly Tacky Clothes: Terry Schappert is made fun of for wearing things such as leather pants, a pirate shirt, and disco shoes every time he is on the show. He largely gets away with it by being a former Green Beret.
- Laughing at Your Own Jokes: Greg does this a lot, especially after he says something witty on the spot.
- News Parody: This is the main theme of the show.
- Opening Monologue: Greg starts the show with a humorous monologue about the week's biggest story.
- Parody Commercial: These are done very often, mostly in the form of medical commercials that remove what Greg and co. perceive as liberal bias. Tom Shillue is the actor in these pretending to be a left-winger.
- Running Gag: Tyrus's size, Greg's height, and Kat's love life are constantly used as punchlines.
- Seinfeldian Conversation: Whether its otters, arson, or weird commercial, this show loves to talk about small stories that are for the most part pointless.
- Side-Effects Include...: Parodied in the medical commercials where Tom ends up looking weird because the effects are irreversible.
- Spiritual Successor: The show is very similar to the previous show Greg hosted, Red Eye with Greg Gutfeld.
- Straight Man and Wise Guy: Tyrus and Greg.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Tyrus always makes fun of Greg for saying weird things, but they generally get along.