Fox Reality Show carrying on American Idol's legacy of music competitions, and to fill a gap left by a Channel Hop to ABC. In short, at the beginning of each season, The Four initial hopefuls make their entrance, and from then until the finale, challengers try to appease the panel, and if they win them over, they choose a member of The Four to compete against, and if they win then, they steal the member's seat. But if the member wins, they win their seat back. Either way, the seat is locked until the next week.
Although they technically have the same name, it is not to be confused with The Four... Which also doubles as an example page.
Your trope(s) is (are) locked in for the rest of the night:
- Big Win Sirens: Although none are truly built into the show, Khaled's golden airhorn blaring often points a good performance out.
- Bilingual Bonus: It's uncommon, but some performances are this. Usually, it overlaps with Gratuitous Spanish, although you may find other languages.
- Elimination Catch Phrase: "Walk your path with PRIDE!"
- Large Ham: Fergie lives and breathes this trope, though Once per Episode the entire panel will collectively become one.
- Promotional Consideration: The winner of each season, among other things, is bestowed the title of "On the Rise" by iHeartRadio.
- Scenery Porn: The seats that the Four claim: their ring motif is part of the logo.
- Title Drop: "The Four" refers to the show and the performers seated on the mini-thrones.