The Adventures of Timmy the Tooth is a mid-1990s direct-to-video children's series about a talking tooth and his friends, who all live in Flossmore Valley and have adventures in real life, imagination and dreams. Also living in Flossmore Valley are the Gingivitis Gang and the duo of the Cavity Goon and Ms. Sweety, who are the series' primary antagonists.
Ten episodes were produced and released through 1995-1996.
- "Malibu Timmy"
- "Big Mouth Gulch"
- "Molar Island"
- "Timmy in Space"
- "An Eye for a Tooth"
- "Rainy Day Adventure"
- "Lost My Brush"
- "Spooky Tooth"
- "Operation Secret Birthday Surprise"
- "The Brush in the Stone"
Having never received a DVD release, the entire series became available on Peacock on launch day (July 15, 2020).
This series contains examples of:
- Animate Inanimate Object: Pretty much the whole cast.
- Anything but That! / Leaning on the Fourth Wall: From "Big Mouth Gulch".Timmy: Alright, Goony, I'm gonna show you how we settle fights here in Big Mouth Gulch.
Goony: ...I'm waiting.
Timmy: Hit it, Miss Flossie.
Goony: Oh... not another song.
- Arc Words: It's dark in there, you could get lost in "Spooky Tooth".
- Batman Can Breathe in Space: Timmy and the others have no problem breathing in "Timmy in Space".
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Happens in "Lost My Brush", when the Goon and Sweety notice the camera is focused on them when they're trying to privately discuss their plan to get rid of Brush-Brush and capture Timmy. After pushing it away, the camera pans back.Goon: Ain't you never heard of privacy?!
Both: GO AWAY!
Timmy: Timmy of the Jungle bravely searches for the only living ferocious lion in the big rainforest, so he can have him over for pizza. (Aside Glance) Someone's gotta do it!
- Later on when Timmy and Brush-Brush are playing "Timmy of the Jungle":
- Dumb Muscle: Johnny Paste (a walking tube of toothpaste) is friendly, but not very smart.
- Expy: The Cavity Goon and Miss Sweety are, without a doubt, pre-school friendly versions of The Joker and Harley Quinn.
- Forgotten Birthday: "Operation Secret Birthday Surprise".
- Green Is Gross: The Cavity Goon has green fur/skin(?) and is associated with bad dental hygiene, namely eating junk food, and his Villain Song even describes him as being icky, slimy and dirty. He doesn't bathe or clean his room and he throws his trash on the floor.
- Halloween Episode: "Spooky Tooth".
- Harmless Villain: The Gingivitis Gang and the Cavity Goon & Sweety are this... for the most part.
- Heel–Face Turn: The Gingivitis Tribe do this in "Molar Island" and Goony the Kid claims to do so in "Big Mouth Gulch".
- It's a Wonderful Plot: Timmy has a dream along these lines in "Operation Secret Birthday Surprise". Timmy feels that nobody wants to be around him and even forgot his birthday, but Mister Wisdom shows him how much his friends do need him and what would happen if he never lived in Flossmore Valley. Flossie and Waxie never met because Timmy never introduced them, Sidney becomes the new leader of the Gingivitis Gang because Timmy wasn't present as a good influence, Bubbles and Paste move away because Timmy isn't around to convince them Flossmore Valley is a good place to live, and worst of all, the Goon and Sweety live in Timmy's house, treating Brush-Brush like a slave and trashing the place.
- Manchild: Arguably Timmy, who lives on his own but has the mentality of a child.
- Not-So-Harmless Villain: In "Rainy Day Adventure", the Goon does manage (with some accidental help from Timmy) to almost put out the sun. Disturbingly enough, he doesn't seem to realize the implications of what he's doing—he just wants it to be cloudy forever so everyone will be as miserable as himself.
- Once an Episode: Not so much once but each episode has three musical numbers, "The Brush in the Stone" being the sole exception, although the fourth song is a reprise of the second.
- Quirky Miniboss Squad: The Gingivitis Gang.
- Sick Episode: "The Brush in the Stone".
- Teleporters and Transporters: This is ultimately how Timmy gets the Cavity Goon and Sweetie out of the base and himself and his allies inside in "Timmy in Space". It takes a few tries to get it right.
- Unwanted Glasses Plot: In "An Eye for a Tooth", Sidney (a Cyclops) dreams of being the best paperboy ever, like his father. Thing is, he obviously needs glasses. Timmy and Bubbles assist.
- Villain Song:
- "The Villain Sucks" Song: "The Legend of Goony the Kid".
- Villain with Good Publicity: In "Big Mouth Gulch", Goony claims to have turned over a new leaf and frames Sheriff Timmy for the theft of a necklace, making himself look even better in comparison.