Snobs is an Australian TV series. It's set in Eden Beach and focused on the conflict between a nomadic community known as Ferals and the town's local residents.
Snobs provides examples of:
- Alliterative Name: Brook Bellingham.
- Bound and Gagged: Abby ends up like this in episode 5 after she gets caught snooping by a pair of computer thieves who have managed to get Marian framed for one of their thefts. She is held captive below deck on their boat, where she is tied to a chair and has her mouth taped shut, with the thieves planning to drop her off unharmed at a relatively out of the way location so that she'll have no choice but to take the long way home afterward...by which point the thieves plan to already be long gone with the money they'll have hopefully obtained from selling the stolen computers. Thanks to Marian and Snobs, she is able to successfully get free and escape.
- Cultural Translation: In Portuguese Language dubs, the Ferals are called "Ciganos" (Gypsies).
- The Foreign Subtitle: In Brazil, the series is known as Snobs - Meu Melhor Amigo (Snobs - My Best Friend).
- Gender-Blender Name: One of the main characters is a boy named Marian Freeman.
- The Reveal: Abby's maternal grandmother Gwen Walston is a Feral, much to the dismay of Abby's mother Rachel.