Shasta McNasty was a short-lived (19992000) UPN sitcom, centered around three men, Scott (Carmine Giovinazzo), Dennis (Jake Busey), and Randy (Dale Godboldo), and their eponymous Rap Rock band. They spent their time creating mischief and checking out attractive women on Venice Beach, anything but writing their song lyrics. They hated their landlord and always avoided paying rent on their Venice Beach loft apartment.
Provides Examples Of:
- 30 Minutes, or It's Free!: A Running Gag is the three trying to thwart the pizza man. It never works.
- Acceptable Ethnic Targets: Lampshaded when character played by Verne Troyer remarks that "people get freaked out by little people"... and then proves it by screaming in the ear of a guy who was napping, causing him to freak out.
- All Men Are Perverts: The three leads certainly are, at least, what with their constant ogling women - they even have a collection of tapes secretly filming their neighbor undressing, for crying out loud.
- Defeat by Modesty
- A Good Name for a Rock Band
- Name McAdjective
- No Fourth Wall: Characters frequently address the camera. One notable instance was The Big Show from WWF Smackdown outright stating that he is from said show (which also aired on UPN).
- The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: For a band, they're almost never actually seen playing.
- Take That!: In one scene, a character's dog uses a Dilbert doll for a chew toy. The animated adaptation of the strip was boneheadedly scheduled after this show on UPN at the time; in turn, creator Scott Adams made a swipe of his own at this show and UPN; read it here.
- Toplessness from the Back: The pilot has this with Scott, Dennis and Randy secretly watching Cindy Margolis get undressed to take a shower. The boys then watch her well hung POSSLQ take off his towel and join her.