Secret Life of the Human Pups was a 2016 documentary that aired on Channel 4 exploring the world of men who dress up as dogs, a subculture that was largely obscure until now.
This show provides examples of:
- Deconstruction: It's a documentary but doesn't show the furry fandom in a manner that's either pro- or anti-, but covering the issue in a way that Reality Ensues.
- No Antagonist: The only conflict in the documentary comes from life issues affecting the individuals, and their partners, but there's no villain or antagonist otherwise.
- Overshadowed by Controversy: It was one of the most controversial programmes on Channel 4 of 2016, and even turned into Twitter discussion.
- Point-and-Laugh Show: Averted. Word of God is that this show was a documentary.
- Reality Ensues: We see the effect of it on the individual's partner.
- YIFF: It's about the furry fandom, but taken Up to Eleven.