Scratch N' Sniff's Den of Doom, otherwise known as "Den of Doom" is a Game Show that revolves around 5 kids (Contestants) fighting for their lives, to avoid getting dropped into Scratch and Sniff's Den of Doom and into their Cooking Pot of Peril.
Tropes for this show include:
- Child Eater: The main premise is Scratch and Sniff are hungry and they're looking for at least 5 kids to eat for dinner.
- Covered in Gunge: The Cooking Pot of Peril is a green gunge pool.
- Deadly Game: Getting eliminated from the game means you'll end up getting eaten.
- Doomy Dooms of Doom: It's not called the "Den of Doom" for nothing, as this show is a game of life and DOOM! Get a question wrong, and you take a step closer to- DOOM! Get it right though, and your friends take a step closer to- DOOM! Scratch: Stop doing that!
- Dwindling Party: Every contestant is eliminated one by one each round (Two in Round 3, which is known as "Double Drop"), until one is left, but even then, the last contestant isn't safe unless they answer a Killer Question correctly, where they stand on the drop zone of their choice.
- No Animals Were Harmed: The disclaimer at the end mentions that "No children were ever eaten, during the making of the program", Only before and after the show.
- Pre-Mortem One-Liner: Both Scratch and Sniff tend to say one liners before dropping a contestant into their cooking pot of peril. Most of their one liners relate to the contestants going down into the pot.
- Riddle Me This: The Question Impossible, whenever a contestant is on the drop zone and nearing doom. They have to get it right to save themselves. However, it's impossible to get it right, so they end up getting dropped anyway.
- Rhymes on a Dime: Their Pre Mortem One Liners mostly include the contestants name and rhymes it for example: "Paul, Fall."
- Rule of Three: There are 3 steps between you from life and doom. Sniff says "Doom" 3 times when Scratch explains the rules of the game.
- Sore Loser: While Sniff delights in having a winner after the Killer Question, Scratch does not like winners.