Scotch and Wry was a Sketch Comedy series starring Rikki Fulton. It had full series in 1978 and 1979, but it is best remembered for its Hogmanay specials, which ran from 1980 to 1992. Its most iconic sketch Last Call ran as an individual item until 1999.
Provides examples of:
- Anachronism Stew: There was a sketch involving Bonny Prince Charlie that was full of them. Among them were McDonald's and Rangers Football Club.
- The Artifact: The cultural legacy of the Last Call sketches far outstrips that of the sermonettes they were actually parodying. There doesn't seem to be a conclusive date as to when the original Late Call finished up but it was probably at some point during the early nineties.
- The Dandy: Bonny Prince Charlie was portrayed as one.
- Fun with Acronyms: The 'Orkney Youth Association for Hernias' is shortened to Oyah!, which is a Scots exclamation of pain.
- The Eeyore: The Reverend I.M. Jolly.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: There have been compilation DVDs but the whole series has never been released in its entirety.
- Police Are Useless: Supercop.
- Take That!:
"I see Avon didnae call...Did your mother come fae Ireland or were yer teeth ay that colour?"
- Frankenstein's monster is rather unimpressed by his bride:
- There are also quite a few directed at Sidney Devine.