In late 1970s Italy, a group of low-level drug dealers, led by their leader "Libanese" set out on a never before achieved quest - to conquer Rome's criminal underworld.
As they go about this, they have to deal not only with police officer Scialoja, but also The Mafia, right-wing fascist groups and the Italian secret services...
A 2008-2010 Italian language series (based on a 2005 film, which is based on a 2002 novel by Giancarlo De Cataldo, in turn based on the real activities of the Banda della Magliana), Romanzo Criminale ("crime novel") is a dark and brutal tale of Rome's underworld, with more than a few violent deaths.
In 2012, it was broadcast with English subtitles on Sky Arts 1.
- Camp Gay: Patrizia's friend, who finds himself routinely subject to homophobic abuse from the gang members.
- Due to the Dead: Stealing Libano's coffin from the funeral home and having a pasta dinner with it. Including using the coffin as a table
- The '80s
- Fanservice: A lot of both genders.
- Signora Fanservice: Patrizia, definitely.
- High-Class Call Girl: Patrizia, although she latter gets promoted to madam.
- Porn Stache: A good number of the male cast, although Scialoja's 'tache stands out in particular.
- The '70s
- Shotgun Wedding: When one gang member gets his girlfriend pregnant, he has to marry her.
- Those Wacky Nazis: Or their Italian fascist equivalents in this case.
- Wham Episode: The first season finale, with Libano being shot dead