Multi-cam dom-com featuring Nicole Sullivan of MADtv and Kim Possible fame. Sullivan plays the titular Rita, a harried but Happily Married mother who finds a creative outlet in a garage band with her neighbor, her best friend, and her daughter's boyfriend (yeah, that's kind of weird).
Started off strong in the first season, but ratings dropped in the second. They began running two episodes at a time, and finally canceled it in Jan, 2010.
- Accidental Kiss: Kip and Hallie in season 2.
- Closer to Earth: (inversion: Rita is crazier than her husband Jay)
- Conflict Ball: Kip and Hallie's break-up.
- Happily Married: Rita is harried, but she and her husband have a very happy marriage.
- Hide Your Pregnancy: While Nicole Sullivan's pregnancy was written in, Tisha Campbell's was hidden.
- Put on a Bus: Owen, the neighbor and part of the band in season 1.
- Real Life Writes the Plot: Nicole Sullivan's pregnancy was written in during season two.
- Will They or Won't They?: Kip and Hallie, post-breakup.