Ridiculousness is an American long-running reality comedy show that has been airing on MTV since August 2011. Rob Dyrdrek serves as the host, along with rappers Chanel West Coast and Steelo Brim. It's kinda like America's Funniest Home Videos, only if it was Darker and Edgier and had more groin attacks. Most episodes also feature a celebrity guest that watches the videos with the three hosts.
The success of the show has spawned a Cash Cow Franchise for MTV, as it has premiered four spinoffs and many international versions since Ridiculousness debuted, with the spinoffs titled Amazingness (a talent competition, also hosted by Dyrdrek), Deliciousness (a show about food, hosted by Tiffani Thiessen), Adorableness (a show about, well, cute stuff, hosted by James Davis), and Messyness (a show about stuff gone wrong, hosted by Snooki of Jersey Shore fame) respectively.
This Show provides examples of:
- Annoying Laugh: Chanel's giggle is the stuff of legend.
- The Ditz: Chanel, though she occasionally has moments of pure genius.
- Erudite Stoner: Due to the show's crossover with Stoner Culture, many guest stars are this. Steelo, as the co-host of the unrelated Wine and Weed Podcast, is this to a degree.
- Generic Guy: Rob, oddly enough. Compared to mellow Deadpan Snarker Steelo and bubbly Hard-Drinking Party Girl Chanel, Rob comes across as a basic dorky Team Dad.
- Mission Control: Steelo mans the control panel that plays the video clips.
- Only Sane Man: Steelo. When discussing a video, a common situation is: 1) Chanel makes a ridiculous comment; 2) Rob follows her down the rabbit hole; 3) Steelo just does a Face Palm.
- Sherlock Scan:
- Steelo is known for being able to spot hilarious and/or puzzling details in the background of videos that make them even funnier.
- One of Chanel's nicknames on the show is "Party Detective," due to her uncanny ability to see the aftermath of some drug- or alcohol-induced mishap and deduce what happened to lead up to it.
- She's Got Legs: Many of Chanel's outfits highlight them.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Bugs for Chanel, rodents (raccoons in particular) for Steelo. Rob actually had a stuffed raccoon for one episode, scaring the heck out of Steelo with it.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Chanel's seemingly-endless supply of outlandish hair colors and colored wigs is a Running Gag.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Some of Chanel's outfits invoke this with high-heeled boots as the lower side of the equation.