Translated as Full House (풀하우스), it is a 16-episode South Korean television series broadcast by KBS between July and September 2004. During its run, this drama also had the highest broadcast ratings worldwide per episode. Full House also became one of the early shows in the expansion of South Korean culture known as the Korean Wave.
It is based on a manhwa of the same title by the Korean author Won Sooyeon.
Han Ji Eun is a naive writer who got swindled out of everything she owned including her house by her best friends. Stranded in China, she manages to borrow money from Korean actor Lee Young Jae to return to Korea. On her return, she finds out that her house was bought by Lee Young Jae. In an attempt to get her possessions back, she enters into a contract marriage with Young Jae for six months (expanded to three years during the course of the episodes). In spite of losing all her possessions, Ji Eun manages to be cheerful and takes things in stride and the business relationship between the two becomes personal as they start to rely and care for each other.
The series contains examples of:
- Accidental Marriage: A marriage of convenience, lasting six months at which time they divorce and Ji Eun gets her home back.
- Bridal Carry: When Ji Eun falls asleep at her computer.
- Can't Spit It Out: Young Jae, who always changes whatever sensitive thing he was going to say into a complaint about the food or housekeeping.
- Dogged Nice Guy: Yoo Min Hyuk
- Innocent Cohabitation
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Young Jae
- K-Pop: The actor Rain, who plays Young Jae, has several Idol Singer albums to his credit.
- Love Dodecahedron: All four of the main characters.
- Nice Girl: Ji Eun is pretty much a doormat.
- Orbital Kiss
- Plot-Based Voice Cancellation: Don't confess your love at a ice skating rink when the Zamboni machine is working the ice...
- Product Displacement: "Yhah!", an easily-recognizable contraction of the Yahoo! symbol.
- Shirtless Scene
- Sleep Cute: On a bench while the sun sets. Awwwww.
- Spit Take: Young Jae in Episode 10.