Police Stop! is a British TV series, narrated by Graham Cole (who portrayed PC Tony Stamp in The Bill). It lasted from 1994 until 2002, and originally began on video in 1993, before becoming a TV series on Sky One from 1996 onwards, with Police Stop! 5.
It stopped airing in 2002, and hopes of a Revival continue.
- Deadpan Snarker: Some episodes' narration falls into this at times, especially in Police Stop! 9, which has this quote about horses on motorways:Long ago, these guys were the business... Nowadays, if you don't drink diesel, you can't compete...
- Filler: Technically, it wasn't meant to be, but ITV 4's policy of shoehorning it away into the early-morning slots is one way to treat it as. Police Stop! at 7:00am - obviously treated as.
- Once an Episode: Any of these things:
- Public Domain Soundtrack (remixed for 1994 - 2000)
- Metropolitan Police footage
- A DUI (driving-under-the-influence) test from U.S. police
- Archive footage from police in the East Midlands, United Kingdom (usually between 1989 and 1993) utilising VASCAR or Provida.dk system.
- Police chases from the United States of America or Canada (if it's from Canada the video camera has a different on-screen display).
- The dangers of heavy goods vehicles
- A run-down of safety statistics. (This is not an Incredibly Lame Pun)
- Scandinavian drivers behaving badly, and humorous police commentary.
- The dangers of winter driving with archive American news footage, or Stock Footage
- Conus Archive, if you read the end credits.
- Very Special Episode: Police Stop! 8 plays this straight, with it being mainly about safety. Also, Police Stop! 9 which was on the dangers of heavy goods vehicles/trucks.