Yang Kang Chil has been incarcerated for 16 years. At the tender age of 19, he was framed for murder by the son of a prominent judge. At 35 and finally released, he headed back home to his mother. A cellmate who was also released the same time, Lee Gook Soo, became his sidekick after declaring he is Kang Chil's guardian angel. Together, they reaclimate themselves to life outside the bars. Gook Soo told him that he would experience three miracles, and that the local vet, Jung Ji Na, is his destiny, which is a problem because; a) Kang Chil has no social skills; and b) Ji Na's father is the police officer who put Kang Chil behind bars. Add in the judge's son, now a prosecuter; a shadowy figure who witnessed the murder and who holds the evidence key to Kang Chil clearing his name; Ji Na's jealous ex-boyfriend; and a cute smart dog training as a service animal.
Whether or not Kang Chil can prevail against everything stacked against him remains to be seen.
This series contains examples of:
- Awkward Father-Son Bonding Activity: Subverted in that Kang Chil ends up beating Lim Jung almost every time they play video games together.
- Amoral Attorney: Chan Gul, who is now a prosecutor, working with his dad who is a judge. He's the one that actually did the crime that Kang Chil was convicted of.
- Angel Unaware: Gook Soo thinks he's a angel.
- Bumbling Dad: Kang Chil finds out it's tough to be a father when you just found out you have a 16 year old son.
- Closest Thing We Got: Ji Na is a veterinarian, but she treats Kang Chil's wounds several times.
- Daddy DNA Test: Lim Jung finds out which of his mother's former lovers is his biological father.
- Dirty Cop: Detective Jung, who uses his position to bully and beat up, made sure that Kang Chil stayed in prison even after getting a shorter sentence due to good behavior. Also, he happens to be Ji Na's father.
- Divine Intervention: Kang Chil gets a 'do over' after angel wings pass over him. According to Gook Soo, this is one of his miracles.
- Fake-Out Make-Out
- "Groundhog Day" Loop: Kang Chil relives several seconds of his life until he learns something - (1) Will to overcome, (2) Understanding of other peoples perspectives.
- Like You Were Dying: Kang Chil knows he has liver cancer, but he refuses to let it slow him down.
- Luke, I Might Be Your Father: Kang Chil only had sex with Lim Jung's mother once, but her sister insists that Kang Chil is the father.
- Pull the I.V.: As soon as Kang Chil wakes up (after being struck by a car), he immediately pulls out the IV and walks out of the hospital.
- Pink Mist: During Gook Soo's visions of being shot.
- Prison: Kang Chil spent 16 years in prison after being framed in two separate incidents; Gook Soo was in prison for four years.
- Snow Means Love: Kang Chil and Jina play in the snow several times in the series. Kang Chil skinny-dips in the snow as well.
- Token Religious Teammate: Gook Soo, who tracks Kang Chil's goodness/badness ratio by using black and white stars in a notebook.
- Who Names Their Kid "Dude"?: "Gook Soo" is a type of thin noodles. Shares his name with a kid in Ojakgyo Brothers.
- Your Cheating Heart: Ji Na's former boyfriend, who is also a veterinarian, is constantly underfoot trying to win her back. She left him because of his philandering ways.