A Canadian children's television program that aired on YTV in the 1990s, spun off from some interstitial segments that aired on the channel beforehand. The premise was quite simple; PJ Katie (real name Jennifer Racicot), the show's host, had some farm animal figurines she made from plasticine, and she would tell stories about the various adventures the animals have.
This show provides examples of:
- Author Avatar: For some reason, PJ Katie literally made a plasticine avatar of herself to interact with the animals. It was even called PJ Katie.
- Flying Saucer: PJ Katie uses a danish to represent a flying saucer in one episode.
- Gasshole: PJ Katie often struggled to make the sound of a horse neighing, so Blue tends to sound like he's passing gas rather than neighing.
- No Name Given: In the original YTV interstitial segments, PJ Katie didn't immediately come up with a name for Percival the pig and waited for viewers to send letters to her suggesting a name for the character; the pig was referred to as simply "the nameless pig" and "the pig with no name" before he got a proper name.
- Off-the-Shelf FX: All the props looked like they were made by PJ Katie herself or bought from the dollar store.
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping: Many of the characters have strong accents that PJ Katie clearly starts to struggle with after a while, as the episode rolls on.
- Spin-Off: Started as a between-show segment as part of the standard "PJ" lineup on YTV.
- Talking Animal: All the clay animals can talk.
- Theme Tune Roll Call: The theme song introduces all of the animals one by one.
- Title Theme Tune:On Katie's Farm, imagination's the rule,Dippe the cat, so calm and cool;Demi and D'arci and Ed come along,Delilah the Cow she's everyone's mom;Bryce the Collie barks and runs free,while Blue the Horse naps under a tree;Percival pig just squeals all the time!Rosebeekee hamster whiiiines!Join the gang for adventures and fun,Katie's farm is for everyone!
- Up to Eleven: In one episode a flying saucer is replaced with a danish; during the credits you can see PJ Katie eating what was obviously meant to be her lunch behind the scrolling titles. This takes No Budget to new levels.
- Woman of a Thousand Voices: PJ Katie did all the voices of every character in the show.