OutMatched is a comedy show that formerly aired on Fox and now is available for streaming on DisneyPlus.
As a result of encouraging their children's natural talents, cabinet maker Mike and casino gambling hostess Kay ended up with high IQ children.
Unfortunately for the family, this means they're often conflicting with their children's goals and superiority complexes, because being smarter then their parents means they don't think they have to listen to the rules of life.
The children however, while being academically gifted, lack real world experience and social graces.
Outmatched exhibits these tropes:
- Birthday Buddies: Marc and Leila have a shared birthday. When their older siblings deduce that this is impossible due to them being born in summer and winter respectively, their parents admit to artificially engineering the situation. When Leila finds out, she prefers to keep the reassigned birthday because she enjoys a joint party with her brother.
- Child Prodigy: Marc is one of these. It is eventually revealed that Leila is one too, she was just pretending to be of low intelligence to keep her parents happy.
- Smart People Build Robots: Nicole, Brian and Atticus created a robot for their science fair. It is also mentioned that one of Brian's friends built himself an android girlfriend.
- Smart People Wear Glasses: Subverted by Atticus' father, who tells the Bennetts he doesn't need glasses, his son insists he wears them to look the part of an stereotypical intellectual.
- Teen Genius: Nicole and Brian fall into this category.