On the Road with Austin and Santino is a spin-off of Project Runway featuring Season 1 competitor Austin Scarlett and Season 2 competitor Santino Rice. They travel to small towns around the USA and make a custom dress for a woman or girl who has a special occasion coming up, and usually have two days to make her a dress.
This show contains examples of:
- Agent Peacock: Austin, much to the surprise of many
- Austin Scarlett: ...in spite of my delicate appearance, I can water ski, fish for crabs, and do stunt horseback-riding.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Austin.
- Everything's Better with Cows: In one episode, there was a field of cows near where the two were staying, and there was one scene with Austin talking to them.
- Genki Boy: Austin
- Only Sane Man: Santino, which is pretty extraordinary in that he's pretty Cloud Cuckoo Lander-y on his own, but Austin makes him look sane in comparison.
- Pretty Boy: Austin
- Pretty Butterflies: The dress they made in the last episode for an aspiring country singer.
- Road Trip Plot: the whole series
- Southern Belle: In one episode there were several comments about how Austin was one in a past life. (Santino even once said something about "Austin Scarlett O'Hara")
- Sweet Tooth: Austin's responce at the beginning of one episode when Santino told him their client worked at a candy shop.
- Vacation Episode: While it wasn't necessarily a vacation, the scenes from the series finale at Dollywood.