My Husband's Lover is a Filipino drama television series created and developed by Suzette Doctolero and produced by GMA Network. It premiered on June 10, 2013 on the network's coveted Primetime block, and June 11, 2013 worldwide via GMA Pinoy TV. The series stars Carla Abellana (as Lally), Tom Rodriguez (as Vincent) and Dennis Trillo (as Eric) as the main characters. Carolyn Galve serves as the executive producer of show and Dominic Zapata directed the series.
While LGBT characters have been featured in Philippine shows before, the series is credited as the very first gay-themed series in Philippine television due to the series' central subject of homosexual relationships and infidelity. The show has multiple continuing story lines that tackle sensitive yet relevant social issues like homosexual and bisexual relationships, homophobia and the society's discrimination against homosexuals, infidelity, pre-marital sex and the consequences of early or unplanned marriages. It also tackles the importance of family, friendship, integrity and love. The forty-five minute scripted drama chronicles the life of a woman, who belatedly discovers that her husband has been carrying on an affair, but not with another woman.
This teleserye provides the examples.
- Bi the Way
- But Not Too Gay: Applied to Vincent and Eric because of how controversial the series is. See Handshake Substitute above.
- Handshake Substitute: Of the Fist Bump variety. Word of God says that fist bumping is the euphemism for any romantic actions between the Vincent and Eric.
- Straight Gay: How Vincent portrays himself.
- The Beard: Lally, the wife of Vincent. They got married because Lally was pregnant with their child.
- Your Cheating Heart: The premise of the show. But instead of the opposite sex, it is of the same sex.