It stars Scott Ryan as Ray Shoesmith, a hit-man who has to navigate his job while maintaining friendships, familial responsibilities and romance.
Two seasons have aired and a third has been ordered.
Mr Inbetween provides examples of the following tropes:
- All Girls Like Ponies: Brittany likes unicorns.
- Establishing Character Moment: The first two scenes show Ray injuring a man who owes money to Freddy, and then helping a ladybug get out of his shower.
- Professional Killer: Ray is a hitman.
- Running Gag: Ray doesn't like sandwiches, except when they're toasted.
- Seinfeldian Conversation: A regular fixture of the show.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Ally gives one to Ray as she breaks up with him
- Tropaholics Anonymous: After assaulting two men, Ray is mandated by the court to attend anger management meetings.