Mossad 101 (also known as Hamidrasha) is an Israeli TV series from 2015, revovlving around a secret, uncoventional elite training course of special Mossad agents. The show stars Yehuda Levi as Yona Harari, a particularly unfettered special agent, who has a problem with authority, traditions and rules, amongst many other things. Harari was put in charge of recruiting and training new agents after being involved with some sort of operational mishap in Bulgaria. He picks himself a Ragtag Bunch of Misfits to train and filter out in unusual ways. Alongside Yonah, the course is lead by retired agent Simon, and his ex-wife, Avigail, a senior agent, stationed there to ensure he doesn't let things get out of hand.
Second season, Darker and Edgier, takes part in Kiev, where Yona, together with three best trainees, leads his own investigation. Among the opponents, Islamic State, drug dealers and moles. In order to achieve his goal, Yona creates an unlikely alliance with the notorious Israeli criminal Liron Hariri, who seems more interested in killing Yona in avenge for his father
Due to the unpredictable nature of the show, all spoilers will remain unmarked.
- Badass Israeli: Most of the cast consists of Mossad trainees, who as a rule, end up being well trained in combat and espionage, especially since military service is mandatory in Israel.
- Badass Bookworm: Gilad. Excellent analytic, linguist, specialist in Arabic and Islamic culture, generally nerdy guy, who volunteered to infiltrate ISIS.
- Cunning Linguist: Ya'acov - speaks Hebrew, Farsi, Arabic and English.
- In-Universe Nickname: Yonah calls Avigail Avi.
- Lack of Empathy: Avigail knowingly wrecks Sveta's marriage for the sake of training, and has no qualms sleeping with her married, older boss Micha.
- Master of Disguise: Avital is an actor who is able to transform into any role. He handpicked by Yonah, but is eventually kicked out of training by Avigail, saying he is too irresponsible and fickle, just like Yonah himself.
- The Mole: Hanoch, who is planted in the course by Micha so he can find out more about what is going on there and effect it.
- Never Mess with Granny: Doris may seem like a nice older lady, but she is very sharp and means business.
- The Nicknamer: Simon calls Sveta Moscow, Yaacov The Persian, Hanoch is Pilot or Flight attendant and Katerina is The Model.
- Non-Idle Rich: Giora made millions from online gambling, and decided to join the Mossad because he wanted to.
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: The Mossad cadets are comprised of various candidates from differing backgrounds, each with their own dysfunctions.
- Retired Badass: Simon is a former Mossad field agent.
- Sink-or-Swim Mentor:
- Yona is somewhat ruthless towards his trainees, with the attitude that if they cannot handle the situation, they are not worthy of continuing their training. To this end, he is willing to put the trainees in potentially dangerous situations. Avigail is supposed to make sure that Yona's methods don't get out of control.
- Avigail herself shows minor shades of ruthlessness, inasmuch as she is even willing to ruin a trainee's marriage as part of the hazing.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money!: Giora, the millionaire cadet, buys his way into success in missions.
- The Unfettered: All of the Mossad supervisors are unscrupulous to a certain degree.
- Yonah is willing to seriously risk the life of the cadets in order to weed out the unqualified, and use wildly unethical means to spy on his ex wife and sabotage her work.
- Avigail is willing to sabotage a trainee's marriage in the name of teaching her a lesson about loyalty.