Mega Powers is the story about three teenagers who transform into stunt actors wearing brightly-colored outfits so that they can fight aliens, trash bag monsters, and CGI Kaiju.
First episode can be found here.
Mega Powers provides examples of:
- Aliens Are Bastards: The Molocks, the evil aliens, conquer planets, drain them from all their resources, then move on to the next planet.
- All There in the Manual: The characters' origin is described in the comic on the (now archived) official site.
- Chromatic Arrangement: Heitor is red, Alan is blue, and Brenda is yellow.
- Jerkass Has a Point: The protagonists treat the alien invasion they repel with next to complete apathy, and only a bit of frustration. Yet, beforehand, they mention that Mega Powers should keep their identity secret so they don't have to work for political benefits, which is correct for any hero, not just them.
- The Mockbuster: Super Sentai, and by extension, Power Rangers.
- Monster of the Week: The Molocks turn people into monsters who follow this trope.
- Recruit Teenagers with Attitude: ...Define "attitude".
- Rouge Angles of Satin: There is a typo in the subtitle of the first episode.
- Soundtrack Dissonance: The music playing during the Transformation Sequence is dull, downbeat and repetitive.
- Transformation Sequence: Being a Sentai knock-off, this is to be expected.